Nov 17, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
Jack Taylor caught fire on Friday night, going for 71 points as Grinnell College, a Division III school, knocked off Finlandia.
Well, that performance looks downright pedestrian after Taylor went for 109 points on Sunday.
Taylor had was 35-for-70 from the field, 24-for-48 from three, and even went 15-for-17 from the free throw line. In his last two games, Taylor is averaging 90 points and has knocked down 38 three pointers.
The craziest part? He hasn’t even come close to setting his career-high, which came last season when he went off for 138 points.
Grinnell runs an uptempo system, pressing for 40 minutes and shooting as quickly as possible on every possession. In game that they know they’re going to win, they’ll force-feed one player on their roster, and Taylor has been the beneficiary of late. There’s a reason that Taylor is able to put up numbers like this, but he still has to make the shots that he takes.
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 0
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 2
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)