Nov 17, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Jack Taylor caught fire on Friday night, going for 71 points as Grinnell College, a Division III school, knocked off Finlandia.
Well, that performance looks downright pedestrian after Taylor went for 109 points on Sunday.
Taylor had was 35-for-70 from the field, 24-for-48 from three, and even went 15-for-17 from the free throw line. In his last two games, Taylor is averaging 90 points and has knocked down 38 three pointers.
The craziest part? He hasn’t even come close to setting his career-high, which came last season when he went off for 138 points.
Grinnell runs an uptempo system, pressing for 40 minutes and shooting as quickly as possible on every possession. In game that they know they’re going to win, they’ll force-feed one player on their roster, and Taylor has been the beneficiary of late. There’s a reason that Taylor is able to put up numbers like this, but he still has to make the shots that he takes.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)