Nov 17, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Jack Taylor caught fire on Friday night, going for 71 points as Grinnell College, a Division III school, knocked off Finlandia.
Well, that performance looks downright pedestrian after Taylor went for 109 points on Sunday.
Taylor had was 35-for-70 from the field, 24-for-48 from three, and even went 15-for-17 from the free throw line. In his last two games, Taylor is averaging 90 points and has knocked down 38 three pointers.
The craziest part? He hasn’t even come close to setting his career-high, which came last season when he went off for 138 points.
Grinnell runs an uptempo system, pressing for 40 minutes and shooting as quickly as possible on every possession. In game that they know they’re going to win, they’ll force-feed one player on their roster, and Taylor has been the beneficiary of late. There’s a reason that Taylor is able to put up numbers like this, but he still has to make the shots that he takes.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)