Nov 17, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Jack Taylor caught fire on Friday night, going for 71 points as Grinnell College, a Division III school, knocked off Finlandia.
Well, that performance looks downright pedestrian after Taylor went for 109 points on Sunday.
Taylor had was 35-for-70 from the field, 24-for-48 from three, and even went 15-for-17 from the free throw line. In his last two games, Taylor is averaging 90 points and has knocked down 38 three pointers.
The craziest part? He hasn’t even come close to setting his career-high, which came last season when he went off for 138 points.
Grinnell runs an uptempo system, pressing for 40 minutes and shooting as quickly as possible on every possession. In game that they know they’re going to win, they’ll force-feed one player on their roster, and Taylor has been the beneficiary of late. There’s a reason that Taylor is able to put up numbers like this, but he still has to make the shots that he takes.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)