Nov 17, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Jack Taylor caught fire on Friday night, going for 71 points as Grinnell College, a Division III school, knocked off Finlandia.
Well, that performance looks downright pedestrian after Taylor went for 109 points on Sunday.
Taylor had was 35-for-70 from the field, 24-for-48 from three, and even went 15-for-17 from the free throw line. In his last two games, Taylor is averaging 90 points and has knocked down 38 three pointers.
The craziest part? He hasn’t even come close to setting his career-high, which came last season when he went off for 138 points.
Grinnell runs an uptempo system, pressing for 40 minutes and shooting as quickly as possible on every possession. In game that they know they’re going to win, they’ll force-feed one player on their roster, and Taylor has been the beneficiary of late. There’s a reason that Taylor is able to put up numbers like this, but he still has to make the shots that he takes.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)