Nov 17, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
The status of Michigan’s all-american center Mitch McGary has been up in the air all season as he deals with a still-undisclosed back injury.
But McGary has been getting closer to returning, and on Friday, John Beilein offered up this gem:
“If he dresses, he’ll play, but we’ll decide if he dresses when he’s ready. So if you ever see him in warmups, he’s going to play.”
This picture was just tweeted out by Neal Rothschild, a beat-writer for the Michigan Daily:
Looks like McGary will be returning to the court against Iowa State tonight. According to ESPN’s Andy Katz, he won’t be starting, but he’ll be available off the bench.
Curiously enough, Iowa State forward Melvin Ejim is also dressed for today’s game and he could be available as well. He’s coming off of a knee injury that was suffered at the end of October.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)