Nov 17, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
The status of Michigan’s all-american center Mitch McGary has been up in the air all season as he deals with a still-undisclosed back injury.
But McGary has been getting closer to returning, and on Friday, John Beilein offered up this gem:
“If he dresses, he’ll play, but we’ll decide if he dresses when he’s ready. So if you ever see him in warmups, he’s going to play.”
This picture was just tweeted out by Neal Rothschild, a beat-writer for the Michigan Daily:
Looks like McGary will be returning to the court against Iowa State tonight. According to ESPN’s Andy Katz, he won’t be starting, but he’ll be available off the bench.
Curiously enough, Iowa State forward Melvin Ejim is also dressed for today’s game and he could be available as well. He’s coming off of a knee injury that was suffered at the end of October.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)