Nov 17, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
The status of Michigan’s all-american center Mitch McGary has been up in the air all season as he deals with a still-undisclosed back injury.
But McGary has been getting closer to returning, and on Friday, John Beilein offered up this gem:
“If he dresses, he’ll play, but we’ll decide if he dresses when he’s ready. So if you ever see him in warmups, he’s going to play.”
This picture was just tweeted out by Neal Rothschild, a beat-writer for the Michigan Daily:
Looks like McGary will be returning to the court against Iowa State tonight. According to ESPN’s Andy Katz, he won’t be starting, but he’ll be available off the bench.
Curiously enough, Iowa State forward Melvin Ejim is also dressed for today’s game and he could be available as well. He’s coming off of a knee injury that was suffered at the end of October.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)