Nov 17, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
The status of Michigan’s all-american center Mitch McGary has been up in the air all season as he deals with a still-undisclosed back injury.
But McGary has been getting closer to returning, and on Friday, John Beilein offered up this gem:
“If he dresses, he’ll play, but we’ll decide if he dresses when he’s ready. So if you ever see him in warmups, he’s going to play.”
This picture was just tweeted out by Neal Rothschild, a beat-writer for the Michigan Daily:
Looks like McGary will be returning to the court against Iowa State tonight. According to ESPN’s Andy Katz, he won’t be starting, but he’ll be available off the bench.
Curiously enough, Iowa State forward Melvin Ejim is also dressed for today’s game and he could be available as well. He’s coming off of a knee injury that was suffered at the end of October.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 0
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 0
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)