Nov 17, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
After beating Boston College and LSU to start the season, Derek Kellogg’s UMass Minutemen welcomed the previously undefeated Youngstown State Penguins to the Mullins Center. UMass, a team that should contend in the Atlantic 10 with VCU and Saint Louis leading the way, took care of business to the tune of an 85-69 victory.
Cady Lalanne continued his run of double-doubles with 13 points and 15 rebounds, and point guard Chaz Williams led the way offensively with 19 points to go along with 11 assists. But the highlight of the game was provided by forward Raphiael Putney, who took full advantage of an open lane to the basket. Impressive hang-time as well, as he took off from the Atlantic 10 logo.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)