Nov 17, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
After beating Boston College and LSU to start the season, Derek Kellogg’s UMass Minutemen welcomed the previously undefeated Youngstown State Penguins to the Mullins Center. UMass, a team that should contend in the Atlantic 10 with VCU and Saint Louis leading the way, took care of business to the tune of an 85-69 victory.
Cady Lalanne continued his run of double-doubles with 13 points and 15 rebounds, and point guard Chaz Williams led the way offensively with 19 points to go along with 11 assists. But the highlight of the game was provided by forward Raphiael Putney, who took full advantage of an open lane to the basket. Impressive hang-time as well, as he took off from the Atlantic 10 logo.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)