Nov 17, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
After beating Boston College and LSU to start the season, Derek Kellogg’s UMass Minutemen welcomed the previously undefeated Youngstown State Penguins to the Mullins Center. UMass, a team that should contend in the Atlantic 10 with VCU and Saint Louis leading the way, took care of business to the tune of an 85-69 victory.
Cady Lalanne continued his run of double-doubles with 13 points and 15 rebounds, and point guard Chaz Williams led the way offensively with 19 points to go along with 11 assists. But the highlight of the game was provided by forward Raphiael Putney, who took full advantage of an open lane to the basket. Impressive hang-time as well, as he took off from the Atlantic 10 logo.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 7
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 4
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)