Nov 17, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
After beating Boston College and LSU to start the season, Derek Kellogg’s UMass Minutemen welcomed the previously undefeated Youngstown State Penguins to the Mullins Center. UMass, a team that should contend in the Atlantic 10 with VCU and Saint Louis leading the way, took care of business to the tune of an 85-69 victory.
Cady Lalanne continued his run of double-doubles with 13 points and 15 rebounds, and point guard Chaz Williams led the way offensively with 19 points to go along with 11 assists. But the highlight of the game was provided by forward Raphiael Putney, who took full advantage of an open lane to the basket. Impressive hang-time as well, as he took off from the Atlantic 10 logo.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)