Nov 18, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Fordham junior center Ryan Canty has taken a leave of absence just a few games into the new season, the school announced on Monday.
Canty averaged 3.3 points and 3.3 rebounds per game through three games this season after the 6-foot-9 center averaged six points and seven rebounds a game last season.
“We want only what is best for Ryan Canty as he addresses these issues,” head coach Tom Pecora said in a statement. “We will continue to support Ryan in any way we can. We ask that everyone respect his privacy at this time and we wish Ryan and his family the best as he moves forward.”
Losing a big man with Canty’s experience will certainly hurt Fordham, who is 2-1 on the season.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)