Nov 18, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Fordham junior center Ryan Canty has taken a leave of absence just a few games into the new season, the school announced on Monday.
Canty averaged 3.3 points and 3.3 rebounds per game through three games this season after the 6-foot-9 center averaged six points and seven rebounds a game last season.
“We want only what is best for Ryan Canty as he addresses these issues,” head coach Tom Pecora said in a statement. “We will continue to support Ryan in any way we can. We ask that everyone respect his privacy at this time and we wish Ryan and his family the best as he moves forward.”
Losing a big man with Canty’s experience will certainly hurt Fordham, who is 2-1 on the season.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 3
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)