Nov 18, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Fordham junior center Ryan Canty has taken a leave of absence just a few games into the new season, the school announced on Monday.
Canty averaged 3.3 points and 3.3 rebounds per game through three games this season after the 6-foot-9 center averaged six points and seven rebounds a game last season.
“We want only what is best for Ryan Canty as he addresses these issues,” head coach Tom Pecora said in a statement. “We will continue to support Ryan in any way we can. We ask that everyone respect his privacy at this time and we wish Ryan and his family the best as he moves forward.”
Losing a big man with Canty’s experience will certainly hurt Fordham, who is 2-1 on the season.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)