Nov 18, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
Duke freshman forward Jabari Parker continued his early-season brilliance with a 21-point, 10-rebound performance in only 19 minutes of play as the No. 6 Blue Devils took down UNC Asheville 91-55.
Parker had six turnovers, but also added four assists as he continues to score at a high level while also rebounding as well.
Rodney Hood had 18 points as well for Duke while Andre Dawkins chipped in 13 points off of the bench.
Duke continues to show a high-octane offense early in the season led by the duo of Parker and Hood. Most teams aren’t equipped slow down two wings of that size and skills and Duke will rely on them to do the brunt of the scoring most of the season.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)