Nov 18, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Duke freshman forward Jabari Parker continued his early-season brilliance with a 21-point, 10-rebound performance in only 19 minutes of play as the No. 6 Blue Devils took down UNC Asheville 91-55.
Parker had six turnovers, but also added four assists as he continues to score at a high level while also rebounding as well.
Rodney Hood had 18 points as well for Duke while Andre Dawkins chipped in 13 points off of the bench.
Duke continues to show a high-octane offense early in the season led by the duo of Parker and Hood. Most teams aren’t equipped slow down two wings of that size and skills and Duke will rely on them to do the brunt of the scoring most of the season.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)