Nov 18, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
Duke freshman forward Jabari Parker continued his early-season brilliance with a 21-point, 10-rebound performance in only 19 minutes of play as the No. 6 Blue Devils took down UNC Asheville 91-55.
Parker had six turnovers, but also added four assists as he continues to score at a high level while also rebounding as well.
Rodney Hood had 18 points as well for Duke while Andre Dawkins chipped in 13 points off of the bench.
Duke continues to show a high-octane offense early in the season led by the duo of Parker and Hood. Most teams aren’t equipped slow down two wings of that size and skills and Duke will rely on them to do the brunt of the scoring most of the season.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)