Nov 18, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
After a quick comeback playing this season after a horrific broken leg in last season’s Elite Eight, Louisville junior guard Kevin Ware is making news off the court as he missed a court date Monday in Barren County after speeding and reckless driving tickets were issued late on the night of October 26th while Ware was driving a 2013 Dodge Challenger.
According to a report from WHAS11, Ware was speeding in a work zone.
WHAS11 obtained a citation that shows Ware is accused of driving 95 miles per hour in Barren County after 11:00 p.m. on October 26, 2013.
Police said this happened in a work zone with a marked speed limit of 55 miles per hour on southbound I-65. The officer wrote in the citation that he trailed Ware for half a mile and “paced” the vehicle at 95 miles per hour. Ware is also charged with reckless driving.
When police asked Ware if there was a reason he was driving that fast, police noted he “politely said there was not.”
Ware will be issued a letter for not showing up and be asked to reappear according to the story and Rick Pitino didn’t seem too worried about it in a question from WHAS11’s Adam Lefkoe:
“I was not aware and that is his business. That has nothing to do with basketball. Parking tickets, speeding tickets, I don’t encourage getting either one and I’ll talk to him about it. It’s the first of my knowledge of it. Why he missed the date I have no idea. I’m not concerned. I’m concerned about…obviously, I don’t want anybody speeding, I don’t want anybody getting parking tickets, I don’t want anyone losing their lunch pass. I’m sure you’re concerned about it, I’m not. He shouldn’t be speeding, first of all, but that’s something he has to address and if he gets his license suspended, he’s going to do a lot of walking.”
Ware’s police report can be found here:
It’s doubtful that Ware misses any time going forward as long as he patches up the tickets and appears in court.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)