Nov 18, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
After a quick comeback playing this season after a horrific broken leg in last season’s Elite Eight, Louisville junior guard Kevin Ware is making news off the court as he missed a court date Monday in Barren County after speeding and reckless driving tickets were issued late on the night of October 26th while Ware was driving a 2013 Dodge Challenger.
According to a report from WHAS11, Ware was speeding in a work zone.
WHAS11 obtained a citation that shows Ware is accused of driving 95 miles per hour in Barren County after 11:00 p.m. on October 26, 2013.
Police said this happened in a work zone with a marked speed limit of 55 miles per hour on southbound I-65. The officer wrote in the citation that he trailed Ware for half a mile and “paced” the vehicle at 95 miles per hour. Ware is also charged with reckless driving.
When police asked Ware if there was a reason he was driving that fast, police noted he “politely said there was not.”
Ware will be issued a letter for not showing up and be asked to reappear according to the story and Rick Pitino didn’t seem too worried about it in a question from WHAS11’s Adam Lefkoe:
“I was not aware and that is his business. That has nothing to do with basketball. Parking tickets, speeding tickets, I don’t encourage getting either one and I’ll talk to him about it. It’s the first of my knowledge of it. Why he missed the date I have no idea. I’m not concerned. I’m concerned about…obviously, I don’t want anybody speeding, I don’t want anybody getting parking tickets, I don’t want anyone losing their lunch pass. I’m sure you’re concerned about it, I’m not. He shouldn’t be speeding, first of all, but that’s something he has to address and if he gets his license suspended, he’s going to do a lot of walking.”
Ware’s police report can be found here:
It’s doubtful that Ware misses any time going forward as long as he patches up the tickets and appears in court.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Elijah Bryant will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
The Arkansas forward was charged with one count of forgery last week.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The three-star forward failed to qualify earlier this month.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
Bobby Hurley off to a good start in his new gig in Tempe.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Tai Wynyard of New Zealand is the only commit currently in Kentucky’s Class of 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
John Beilein gets his third commitment for 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
If you can do things like this, you can play for Duke or Kentucky.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
The accusations against him include burner phones, hiding IP addresses and his mother’s cell.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
Don’t jump, kid!!!!!!
Jul 28, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
Abrams was projected as the starting point guard for Illinois.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
The Bulldogs aren’t guaranteed to play a top 25 team until SEC play.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
He is talented, just don’t call him the next Kevin Durant.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Will Wade will have a beautiful facility to recruit to.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
First career 3-pointer for Jones?
Jul 27, 2015, 8:12 PM EDT
Potentially four top-25 teams will be in the 2015 field.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:51 PM EDT
Scott averaged 15.7 points per game for Grambling during the 2013-14 season.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
The former Big Ten Player of the Year (inaccurately) trolls Ohio State fans
Jul 27, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
It’s pretty obvious why people like Porter.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
Gabriel was the biggest stock riser for the month.
Jul 27, 2015, 1:51 PM EDT
Denzel Valentine and Taurean Waller-Prince also played well in stretches.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)