Nov 18, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
Four of the nation’s top five teams took the court in Chicago this week, and the two that were victorious have rightfully found themselves at the top of CBT’s latest top 25. Michigan State slides into the top spot after knocking off then-No. 1 Kentucky, while Kansas jumps up to second with their win over Duke.
Any questions? Concerns? Commentary on why I hate your team and love your rival? Get at me in the comments below.
1. Michigan State (3-0): The win over Columbia was ugly, but it was still a win, one that came on the heels of the Spartans beating Kentucky, who was the No. 1 team in the country.
2. Kansas (3-0): The buzz was about Jabari Parker and Julius Randle after the Champions Classic, but Wiggins was the only one to leave with a win.
3. Kentucky (3-1): Julius Randle posted his fourth straight double-double as Kentucky bounced back with a beatdown of Robert Morris. I still think the Wildcats will be the best team in the country in two months.
4. Louisville (3-0): Chane Behanan’s back. So is Luke Hancock. Hofstra and Cornell learned that the hard way.
5. Duke (2-1): It’s tough to ding the Blue Devils too much for a loss to Kansas.
6. Arizona (3-0): The Wildcats picked up a nice road win over San Diego State Thursday. The best team no one is talking about.
8. Oklahoma State (3-0): The Cowboys have steamrolled three nobodys. They’ll get a real test Tuesday against Memphis.
9. Syracuse (3-0): The Orange have yet to look dominant, but they are 3-0 on the season. They’ll play Minnesota on November 25th.
10. Wisconsin (3-0): I’m not sure anyone in the country has three better wins than the Badgers: St. John’s, Florida and at UW-Green Bay.
11. VCU (3-0)
12. Memphis (1-0)
13. Oregon (3-0)
14. Wichita State (4-0)
15. Gonzaga (3-0)
16. UConn (4-0)
17. Michigan (2-1)
18. Florida (2-1)
19. Baylor (3-0)
20. UCLA (2-0)
21. Virginia (2-1)
22. New Mexico (2-0)
23. Iowa State (3-0)
24. Iowa (4-0)
25. Creighton (3-0)
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)