Nov 18, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Four of the nation’s top five teams took the court in Chicago this week, and the two that were victorious have rightfully found themselves at the top of CBT’s latest top 25. Michigan State slides into the top spot after knocking off then-No. 1 Kentucky, while Kansas jumps up to second with their win over Duke.
Any questions? Concerns? Commentary on why I hate your team and love your rival? Get at me in the comments below.
1. Michigan State (3-0): The win over Columbia was ugly, but it was still a win, one that came on the heels of the Spartans beating Kentucky, who was the No. 1 team in the country.
2. Kansas (3-0): The buzz was about Jabari Parker and Julius Randle after the Champions Classic, but Wiggins was the only one to leave with a win.
3. Kentucky (3-1): Julius Randle posted his fourth straight double-double as Kentucky bounced back with a beatdown of Robert Morris. I still think the Wildcats will be the best team in the country in two months.
4. Louisville (3-0): Chane Behanan’s back. So is Luke Hancock. Hofstra and Cornell learned that the hard way.
5. Duke (2-1): It’s tough to ding the Blue Devils too much for a loss to Kansas.
6. Arizona (3-0): The Wildcats picked up a nice road win over San Diego State Thursday. The best team no one is talking about.
8. Oklahoma State (3-0): The Cowboys have steamrolled three nobodys. They’ll get a real test Tuesday against Memphis.
9. Syracuse (3-0): The Orange have yet to look dominant, but they are 3-0 on the season. They’ll play Minnesota on November 25th.
10. Wisconsin (3-0): I’m not sure anyone in the country has three better wins than the Badgers: St. John’s, Florida and at UW-Green Bay.
11. VCU (3-0)
12. Memphis (1-0)
13. Oregon (3-0)
14. Wichita State (4-0)
15. Gonzaga (3-0)
16. UConn (4-0)
17. Michigan (2-1)
18. Florida (2-1)
19. Baylor (3-0)
20. UCLA (2-0)
21. Virginia (2-1)
22. New Mexico (2-0)
23. Iowa State (3-0)
24. Iowa (4-0)
25. Creighton (3-0)
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)