Nov 18, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Four of the nation’s top five teams took the court in Chicago this week, and the two that were victorious have rightfully found themselves at the top of CBT’s latest top 25. Michigan State slides into the top spot after knocking off then-No. 1 Kentucky, while Kansas jumps up to second with their win over Duke.
Any questions? Concerns? Commentary on why I hate your team and love your rival? Get at me in the comments below.
1. Michigan State (3-0): The win over Columbia was ugly, but it was still a win, one that came on the heels of the Spartans beating Kentucky, who was the No. 1 team in the country.
2. Kansas (3-0): The buzz was about Jabari Parker and Julius Randle after the Champions Classic, but Wiggins was the only one to leave with a win.
3. Kentucky (3-1): Julius Randle posted his fourth straight double-double as Kentucky bounced back with a beatdown of Robert Morris. I still think the Wildcats will be the best team in the country in two months.
4. Louisville (3-0): Chane Behanan’s back. So is Luke Hancock. Hofstra and Cornell learned that the hard way.
5. Duke (2-1): It’s tough to ding the Blue Devils too much for a loss to Kansas.
6. Arizona (3-0): The Wildcats picked up a nice road win over San Diego State Thursday. The best team no one is talking about.
8. Oklahoma State (3-0): The Cowboys have steamrolled three nobodys. They’ll get a real test Tuesday against Memphis.
9. Syracuse (3-0): The Orange have yet to look dominant, but they are 3-0 on the season. They’ll play Minnesota on November 25th.
10. Wisconsin (3-0): I’m not sure anyone in the country has three better wins than the Badgers: St. John’s, Florida and at UW-Green Bay.
11. VCU (3-0)
12. Memphis (1-0)
13. Oregon (3-0)
14. Wichita State (4-0)
15. Gonzaga (3-0)
16. UConn (4-0)
17. Michigan (2-1)
18. Florida (2-1)
19. Baylor (3-0)
20. UCLA (2-0)
21. Virginia (2-1)
22. New Mexico (2-0)
23. Iowa State (3-0)
24. Iowa (4-0)
25. Creighton (3-0)
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)