Nov 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
If you don’t like Jim Nantz, Steve Kerr and Greg Anthony and you don’t want to listen to them call the Final Four, well, you don’t have to anymore.
Turner will be bringing a unique theory to broadcasting the National Semifinals this year, as there will be three separate feeds on three different channels. TBS will air the normal broadcast, a game that will be called by Nantz, Kerr and Anthony. But on TNT and on TruTV, Turner will be airing ‘homer’ broadcasts geared towards the teams that are playing in the event.
So, for example, if this was in effect last season, the network would have brought in play-by-play and color analysts for Louisville, Wichita State, Michigan and Syracuse, with TNT airing one team’s feed and TruTV airing the other.
“This concept is born out of the popularity and incredible passion fans have for their college basketball teams and schools, and with this innovative approach we are tapping into their enthusiasm with three distinct telecasts,” said Lenny Daniels, Turner’s executive vice president and COO.
The national title game will exclusively be on CBS.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 0
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)