Nov 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
If you don’t like Jim Nantz, Steve Kerr and Greg Anthony and you don’t want to listen to them call the Final Four, well, you don’t have to anymore.
Turner will be bringing a unique theory to broadcasting the National Semifinals this year, as there will be three separate feeds on three different channels. TBS will air the normal broadcast, a game that will be called by Nantz, Kerr and Anthony. But on TNT and on TruTV, Turner will be airing ‘homer’ broadcasts geared towards the teams that are playing in the event.
So, for example, if this was in effect last season, the network would have brought in play-by-play and color analysts for Louisville, Wichita State, Michigan and Syracuse, with TNT airing one team’s feed and TruTV airing the other.
“This concept is born out of the popularity and incredible passion fans have for their college basketball teams and schools, and with this innovative approach we are tapping into their enthusiasm with three distinct telecasts,” said Lenny Daniels, Turner’s executive vice president and COO.
The national title game will exclusively be on CBS.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)