Nov 19, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Colorado hosts No. 2 Kansas on Dec. 7, and if fans want to get a ticket to that game, they’ll have to make an appearance to the Coors Events Center on Wednesday night, even though the men’s basketball team doesn’t play there until the next night against UC-Santa Barbara.
No, students will have to be in attendance for the entirety on the Colorado women’s basketball team’s game against Iowa. Fans hoping to see Andrew Wiggins and Co. were given specific instructions on the school’s athletic site on Tuesday.
You will swipe your Buff OneCard and receive a wristband, which you will need to keep on. Your wristband guarantees you your ticket to the Kansas game. If you leave the Events Center prior to the conclusion of the game, your wristband will be removed.At the conclusion of the women’s basketball game, you will be asked to go onto the court to the ticket office representatives where you will be handed your ticket and your wristband will be removed.
It’s a very creative idea by the Colorado athletic department, but I can see where it can be considered an insult in the eyes of the women’s basketball program. They’ll see more fans in the stands on Wednesday night, but those new supporters might be rooting for the final buzzer as opposed to the final score.
This is a way to promote the Lady Buffaloes, who are currently ranked No. 16 in the nation, and create some buzz around the program. It’s creative. It could offend some, but it’s like a well-intentioned promotion, which is worth a shot.
[H/T CBS Sports]
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)