Nov 19, 2013, 4:41 PM EST
Colorado hosts No. 2 Kansas on Dec. 7, and if fans want to get a ticket to that game, they’ll have to make an appearance to the Coors Events Center on Wednesday night, even though the men’s basketball team doesn’t play there until the next night against UC-Santa Barbara.
No, students will have to be in attendance for the entirety on the Colorado women’s basketball team’s game against Iowa. Fans hoping to see Andrew Wiggins and Co. were given specific instructions on the school’s athletic site on Tuesday.
You will swipe your Buff OneCard and receive a wristband, which you will need to keep on. Your wristband guarantees you your ticket to the Kansas game. If you leave the Events Center prior to the conclusion of the game, your wristband will be removed.At the conclusion of the women’s basketball game, you will be asked to go onto the court to the ticket office representatives where you will be handed your ticket and your wristband will be removed.
It’s a very creative idea by the Colorado athletic department, but I can see where it can be considered an insult in the eyes of the women’s basketball program. They’ll see more fans in the stands on Wednesday night, but those new supporters might be rooting for the final buzzer as opposed to the final score.
This is a way to promote the Lady Buffaloes, who are currently ranked No. 16 in the nation, and create some buzz around the program. It’s creative. It could offend some, but it’s like a well-intentioned promotion, which is worth a shot.
[H/T CBS Sports]
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)