Nov 19, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Colorado hosts No. 2 Kansas on Dec. 7, and if fans want to get a ticket to that game, they’ll have to make an appearance to the Coors Events Center on Wednesday night, even though the men’s basketball team doesn’t play there until the next night against UC-Santa Barbara.
No, students will have to be in attendance for the entirety on the Colorado women’s basketball team’s game against Iowa. Fans hoping to see Andrew Wiggins and Co. were given specific instructions on the school’s athletic site on Tuesday.
You will swipe your Buff OneCard and receive a wristband, which you will need to keep on. Your wristband guarantees you your ticket to the Kansas game. If you leave the Events Center prior to the conclusion of the game, your wristband will be removed.At the conclusion of the women’s basketball game, you will be asked to go onto the court to the ticket office representatives where you will be handed your ticket and your wristband will be removed.
It’s a very creative idea by the Colorado athletic department, but I can see where it can be considered an insult in the eyes of the women’s basketball program. They’ll see more fans in the stands on Wednesday night, but those new supporters might be rooting for the final buzzer as opposed to the final score.
This is a way to promote the Lady Buffaloes, who are currently ranked No. 16 in the nation, and create some buzz around the program. It’s creative. It could offend some, but it’s like a well-intentioned promotion, which is worth a shot.
[H/T CBS Sports]
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)