Nov 19, 2013, 7:17 PM EDT
A few days after Kevin Ware made headlines off the court, the Louisville reserve guard was cleared by the university’s compliance office and is expected to play in the Cardinals’ game against Hartford on Tuesday night.
Adam Himmelsbach of the Courier-Journal, confirmed this news Louisville spokesperson Kenny Klein on Tuesday evening, though his messages to the school’s compliance office had not been returned.
In late October, Ware was pulled over, driving 95 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour zone, and Monday he missed a court date for speeding and reckless driving. More issues surfaced after it was reported that the car Ware was driving was a 2013 Dodge Charger, which costs around $30,000. The car is said to belong to Ware’s longtime friend Matt Case, a 23-year-old who claims to be enrolled at U of L.
“We were doing our due diligence and we have gone through the process and have not found any issues at all with Kevin,” Klein told the Courier-Journal. “[The compliance office] is satisfied and [the case] is closed.”
Ware made his debut last Friday, scoring five points in 13 minutes of action in Louisville’s 99-54 win over Cornell.
Aug 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Another big man is on the transfer market.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Wilson averaged 5.9 minutes per game in two seasons at Memphis.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
After being one of the Pac-12’s most improved players last season, Powell looks to lead a team hoping to improve defensively and on the glass.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The College of Charleston has found a replacement for Doug Wojcik during his suspension.
Aug 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Tyler Davis has lost 70 pounds and evolved into one of the nation’s best big men.
Aug 1, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Louisville commit Raymond Spalding doesn’t feel pressure despite being a hometown kid.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
The 7-foot-1 center was arrested on charges including resisting arrest and second-degree assault.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
The 6-foot-8 Iowan averaged 17.1 points and 9.7 rebounds per game as a high school junior.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Among the high school players in attendance are Jaylen Brown (2015), Thon Maker (2016) and Dennis Smith Jr. (2016).
Aug 1, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
You’ve seen the pictures of the rings. Now see the player’s reactions once they got them.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Mary Willingham’s lawsuit came to light in early July, with the NCAA deciding to reopen its investigation at around the same time.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The explosive shooting guard’s new school is located in Napa, California.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The court will be redesigned by the end of the month.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
There are three: white, black and grey.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Blackwell is a member of the Class of 2016 but is already hearing from some notable programs.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Where have all the NYC Point Gods gone?
Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Brunson is the father of a top 15 recruit and a potential hire for a program in the AAC.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Wichita State is coming off of a Final Four and an undefeated regular season. What happens if they can’t match that success again?
Jul 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s the second time Hill has donated a million to the school
Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Mitchell played as well as anyone in the country this July
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)