Nov 19, 2013, 7:17 PM EDT
A few days after Kevin Ware made headlines off the court, the Louisville reserve guard was cleared by the university’s compliance office and is expected to play in the Cardinals’ game against Hartford on Tuesday night.
Adam Himmelsbach of the Courier-Journal, confirmed this news Louisville spokesperson Kenny Klein on Tuesday evening, though his messages to the school’s compliance office had not been returned.
In late October, Ware was pulled over, driving 95 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour zone, and Monday he missed a court date for speeding and reckless driving. More issues surfaced after it was reported that the car Ware was driving was a 2013 Dodge Charger, which costs around $30,000. The car is said to belong to Ware’s longtime friend Matt Case, a 23-year-old who claims to be enrolled at U of L.
“We were doing our due diligence and we have gone through the process and have not found any issues at all with Kevin,” Klein told the Courier-Journal. “[The compliance office] is satisfied and [the case] is closed.”
Ware made his debut last Friday, scoring five points in 13 minutes of action in Louisville’s 99-54 win over Cornell.
Former oddsmaker believes Kentucky would be underdog against all-time great college basketball teams
Mar 28, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
Kentucky might finish the 2014-15 season unblemished, but how do they stack up against some of the best teams in college basketball history?
Mar 28, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Get caught up on all of Friday’s NCAA tournament action.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:35 AM EDT
ACC teams went 2-1 Friday night, with Louisville’s win over NC State being the league’s lone defeat.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:27 AM EDT
The schedule for Sunday’s Elite 8 games.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:23 AM EDT
Second straight Elite 8 appearance for Tom Izzo and Co.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:08 AM EDT
No. 1 Duke advanced to the Elite 8 with a win in the South Regional over No. 5 Utah.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
This is a pretty nice move from Amile Jefferson.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Wardle spent five seasons as coach at Green Bay.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:47 PM EDT
Will play the winner of Michigan State-Oklahoma.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:39 PM EDT
Caleb Martin’s only two points of the game.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:26 PM EDT
Gonzaga defeated UCLA to advance to the Elite 8 for the first time under head coach Mark Few.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:22 PM EDT
Andy Toole has been with Robert Morris for five seasons.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:53 PM EDT
Nice big man-to-big man pass.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Class of 2015 five-star center Diamond Stone committed during a surprise announcement on Friday night.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
UNLV freshman Rashad Vaughn addresses NBA Draft rumors.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
One of three assists in the first half for Cat Barber.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Aaron Harrison left Thursday night’s game briefly with a finger injury.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
For the second time this month, the Indiana athletic director backed the school’s head coach.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Arizona hasn’t been to the Final Four since 2001, but all involved are focused on Wisconsin and not that streak.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Frazier is projected as a second round pick.
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 3
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)