Nov 19, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
According to reports, Kevin Ware got a speeding ticket. He was going 95 mph in a 55 mph zone.
That’s not good.
Kevin Ware then allegedly missed his court date on Monday. That’s even worse.
From a legal perspective, Ware messed up. Missing court dates are not what you would call recommended, and I’m sure there will be some kind of repercussions that he’ll have to deal with in the legal system, even if it’s something as relatively minor as paying a fine or getting his license suspended.
From the NCAA’s perspective, however, this could be a bigger issue.
Because Ware was reportedly driving a 2013 Dodge Charger, a car that costs upwards of $30,000.
And … here we go.
The car reportedly belongs to a man named Matt Case, a 23-year old that says that he is enrolled as an undergrad at Louisville. He also told the Courier-Journal that he works for BLC Industries and is an organizer for Eventris, an event management, marketing and production company in Louisville. Essentially, that means he’s a party promoter.
And Kevin Ware is driving around in his car.
According to the CJ, Case said he loaned the car to Ware, who he says has been one of his best friends since they got to college, to visit a friend and that it was a one-time deal.
Here’s the catch, however: Case could qualify as a booster, and if he does, that could mean some trouble for Ware.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)