Nov 19, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
According to reports, Kevin Ware got a speeding ticket. He was going 95 mph in a 55 mph zone.
That’s not good.
Kevin Ware then allegedly missed his court date on Monday. That’s even worse.
From a legal perspective, Ware messed up. Missing court dates are not what you would call recommended, and I’m sure there will be some kind of repercussions that he’ll have to deal with in the legal system, even if it’s something as relatively minor as paying a fine or getting his license suspended.
From the NCAA’s perspective, however, this could be a bigger issue.
Because Ware was reportedly driving a 2013 Dodge Charger, a car that costs upwards of $30,000.
And … here we go.
The car reportedly belongs to a man named Matt Case, a 23-year old that says that he is enrolled as an undergrad at Louisville. He also told the Courier-Journal that he works for BLC Industries and is an organizer for Eventris, an event management, marketing and production company in Louisville. Essentially, that means he’s a party promoter.
And Kevin Ware is driving around in his car.
According to the CJ, Case said he loaned the car to Ware, who he says has been one of his best friends since they got to college, to visit a friend and that it was a one-time deal.
Here’s the catch, however: Case could qualify as a booster, and if he does, that could mean some trouble for Ware.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 4
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)