Nov 19, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
According to reports, Kevin Ware got a speeding ticket. He was going 95 mph in a 55 mph zone.
That’s not good.
Kevin Ware then allegedly missed his court date on Monday. That’s even worse.
From a legal perspective, Ware messed up. Missing court dates are not what you would call recommended, and I’m sure there will be some kind of repercussions that he’ll have to deal with in the legal system, even if it’s something as relatively minor as paying a fine or getting his license suspended.
From the NCAA’s perspective, however, this could be a bigger issue.
Because Ware was reportedly driving a 2013 Dodge Charger, a car that costs upwards of $30,000.
And … here we go.
The car reportedly belongs to a man named Matt Case, a 23-year old that says that he is enrolled as an undergrad at Louisville. He also told the Courier-Journal that he works for BLC Industries and is an organizer for Eventris, an event management, marketing and production company in Louisville. Essentially, that means he’s a party promoter.
And Kevin Ware is driving around in his car.
According to the CJ, Case said he loaned the car to Ware, who he says has been one of his best friends since they got to college, to visit a friend and that it was a one-time deal.
Here’s the catch, however: Case could qualify as a booster, and if he does, that could mean some trouble for Ware.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)