Nov 19, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
According to reports, Kevin Ware got a speeding ticket. He was going 95 mph in a 55 mph zone.
That’s not good.
Kevin Ware then allegedly missed his court date on Monday. That’s even worse.
From a legal perspective, Ware messed up. Missing court dates are not what you would call recommended, and I’m sure there will be some kind of repercussions that he’ll have to deal with in the legal system, even if it’s something as relatively minor as paying a fine or getting his license suspended.
From the NCAA’s perspective, however, this could be a bigger issue.
Because Ware was reportedly driving a 2013 Dodge Charger, a car that costs upwards of $30,000.
And … here we go.
The car reportedly belongs to a man named Matt Case, a 23-year old that says that he is enrolled as an undergrad at Louisville. He also told the Courier-Journal that he works for BLC Industries and is an organizer for Eventris, an event management, marketing and production company in Louisville. Essentially, that means he’s a party promoter.
And Kevin Ware is driving around in his car.
According to the CJ, Case said he loaned the car to Ware, who he says has been one of his best friends since they got to college, to visit a friend and that it was a one-time deal.
Here’s the catch, however: Case could qualify as a booster, and if he does, that could mean some trouble for Ware.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)