Nov 20, 2013, 8:19 PM EST
After verbally committing to Florida State earlier this fall, only to de-commit, it seems as if former Texas Tech guard Josh Gray has decided on where he’ll complete his college career. According to Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com, Gray has committed to LSU.
With Wednesday being the final day of the early signing period, Gray would have to wait until the spring to sign a National Letter of Intent if he didn’t do so tonight. Gray becomes the fourth 2014 commitment for head coach Johnny Jones, joining early signees Elbert Robinson III (center), Jalyn Patterson (guard) and Aaron Epps (forward).
Gray’s had quite the college career to this point when it comes to travel, as the former Mississippi State signee ended up at Texas Tech after Rick Stansbury was replaced in Starkville. And once he arrived in Lubbock, Billy Gillispie was replaced prior to the start of the 2012-13 season. As a freshman at Texas Tech, Gray posted averages of 9.3 points and 3.2 assists per game.
Gray received a lot of interest once he announced his decision to transfer to Odessa, and after a good showing at the All-American Juco Showcase in July he’s gotten off to a good start at Odessa. Through eight games Gray is averaging 34.6 points and 6.1 assists per game, which includes a 61-point, seven-assist, six-rebound, six-steal performance in a win over Ranger JC on November 15. Gray’s a scoring guard who’s improved as a distributor, and in six of Odessa’s eight games he’s scored at least 26 points.
LSU loses senior Andre Stringer at the end of the 2013-14 season but Anthony Hickey has another season of eligibility remaining, and adding Gray to the mix will provide more competition at the point guard position.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)