Nov 20, 2013, 8:19 PM EDT
After verbally committing to Florida State earlier this fall, only to de-commit, it seems as if former Texas Tech guard Josh Gray has decided on where he’ll complete his college career. According to Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com, Gray has committed to LSU.
Josh Gray of Odessa JC has committed to and will sign with LSU tonight.—
Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) November 21, 2013
With Wednesday being the final day of the early signing period, Gray would have to wait until the spring to sign a National Letter of Intent if he didn’t do so tonight. Gray becomes the fourth 2014 commitment for head coach Johnny Jones, joining early signees Elbert Robinson III (center), Jalyn Patterson (guard) and Aaron Epps (forward).
Gray’s had quite the college career to this point when it comes to travel, as the former Mississippi State signee ended up at Texas Tech after Rick Stansbury was replaced in Starkville. And once he arrived in Lubbock, Billy Gillispie was replaced prior to the start of the 2012-13 season. As a freshman at Texas Tech, Gray posted averages of 9.3 points and 3.2 assists per game.
Gray received a lot of interest once he announced his decision to transfer to Odessa, and after a good showing at the All-American Juco Showcase in July he’s gotten off to a good start at Odessa. Through eight games Gray is averaging 34.6 points and 6.1 assists per game, which includes a 61-point, seven-assist, six-rebound, six-steal performance in a win over Ranger JC on November 15. Gray’s a scoring guard who’s improved as a distributor, and in six of Odessa’s eight games he’s scored at least 26 points.
LSU loses senior Andre Stringer at the end of the 2013-14 season but Anthony Hickey has another season of eligibility remaining, and adding Gray to the mix will provide more competition at the point guard position.
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 2 Recap: Derrick Jones puts on a show 0
- Five-star 2015 forward Henry Ellenson working to become a more versatile player 1
- Diamond Stone discusses his package deal, recent weight loss 1
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 1 Recap: College players shine, LeBron joins high school campers 1
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 1 Recap: Derryck Thornton outshines Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere 0
- Senate Commerce Committee grills NCAA president Mark Emmert 0
- July Live Period Preview: The most notable events during the summer 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Former NBA champion Robert Horry: ‘I hate AAU basketball’ (VIDEO) (3)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)