Nov 20, 2013, 8:19 PM EDT
After verbally committing to Florida State earlier this fall, only to de-commit, it seems as if former Texas Tech guard Josh Gray has decided on where he’ll complete his college career. According to Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com, Gray has committed to LSU.
With Wednesday being the final day of the early signing period, Gray would have to wait until the spring to sign a National Letter of Intent if he didn’t do so tonight. Gray becomes the fourth 2014 commitment for head coach Johnny Jones, joining early signees Elbert Robinson III (center), Jalyn Patterson (guard) and Aaron Epps (forward).
Gray’s had quite the college career to this point when it comes to travel, as the former Mississippi State signee ended up at Texas Tech after Rick Stansbury was replaced in Starkville. And once he arrived in Lubbock, Billy Gillispie was replaced prior to the start of the 2012-13 season. As a freshman at Texas Tech, Gray posted averages of 9.3 points and 3.2 assists per game.
Gray received a lot of interest once he announced his decision to transfer to Odessa, and after a good showing at the All-American Juco Showcase in July he’s gotten off to a good start at Odessa. Through eight games Gray is averaging 34.6 points and 6.1 assists per game, which includes a 61-point, seven-assist, six-rebound, six-steal performance in a win over Ranger JC on November 15. Gray’s a scoring guard who’s improved as a distributor, and in six of Odessa’s eight games he’s scored at least 26 points.
LSU loses senior Andre Stringer at the end of the 2013-14 season but Anthony Hickey has another season of eligibility remaining, and adding Gray to the mix will provide more competition at the point guard position.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)