Nov 20, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
BYU gets paid a visit this evening by an Iowa State team that is coming off of an impressive victory over then-No. 7 Michigan.
The Cyclones, like the Cougars, like to get up and down the floor. They like to score a lot of points. So it should come as no surprise that the biggest concern for Dave Rose right now is the status of his best scorer.
Tyler Haws, who is averaging 29.5 points and 10.5 boards in two games this season, has missed the last two games with an abdominal strain. He expects to be back on the court tonight, however.
“I think I’m going to play,” said Haws after Tuesday’s practice in Provo. “I practiced today, so I’ll be ready to go. [I still feel pain] a little bit. I can still feel it, but not to where I can’t go. It’s feeling a lot better than it did last week.”
“I’m expected to play, and I want to play. Hopefully it responds tonight. I’m looking forward to playing.”
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)