Nov 20, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
BYU gets paid a visit this evening by an Iowa State team that is coming off of an impressive victory over then-No. 7 Michigan.
The Cyclones, like the Cougars, like to get up and down the floor. They like to score a lot of points. So it should come as no surprise that the biggest concern for Dave Rose right now is the status of his best scorer.
Tyler Haws, who is averaging 29.5 points and 10.5 boards in two games this season, has missed the last two games with an abdominal strain. He expects to be back on the court tonight, however.
“I think I’m going to play,” said Haws after Tuesday’s practice in Provo. “I practiced today, so I’ll be ready to go. [I still feel pain] a little bit. I can still feel it, but not to where I can’t go. It’s feeling a lot better than it did last week.”
“I’m expected to play, and I want to play. Hopefully it responds tonight. I’m looking forward to playing.”
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)