Nov 20, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
BYU gets paid a visit this evening by an Iowa State team that is coming off of an impressive victory over then-No. 7 Michigan.
The Cyclones, like the Cougars, like to get up and down the floor. They like to score a lot of points. So it should come as no surprise that the biggest concern for Dave Rose right now is the status of his best scorer.
Tyler Haws, who is averaging 29.5 points and 10.5 boards in two games this season, has missed the last two games with an abdominal strain. He expects to be back on the court tonight, however.
“I think I’m going to play,” said Haws after Tuesday’s practice in Provo. “I practiced today, so I’ll be ready to go. [I still feel pain] a little bit. I can still feel it, but not to where I can’t go. It’s feeling a lot better than it did last week.”
“I’m expected to play, and I want to play. Hopefully it responds tonight. I’m looking forward to playing.”
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)