Nov 20, 2013, 3:33 PM EST
BYU gets paid a visit this evening by an Iowa State team that is coming off of an impressive victory over then-No. 7 Michigan.
The Cyclones, like the Cougars, like to get up and down the floor. They like to score a lot of points. So it should come as no surprise that the biggest concern for Dave Rose right now is the status of his best scorer.
Tyler Haws, who is averaging 29.5 points and 10.5 boards in two games this season, has missed the last two games with an abdominal strain. He expects to be back on the court tonight, however.
“I think I’m going to play,” said Haws after Tuesday’s practice in Provo. “I practiced today, so I’ll be ready to go. [I still feel pain] a little bit. I can still feel it, but not to where I can’t go. It’s feeling a lot better than it did last week.”
“I’m expected to play, and I want to play. Hopefully it responds tonight. I’m looking forward to playing.”
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)