Nov 20, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
BYU gets paid a visit this evening by an Iowa State team that is coming off of an impressive victory over then-No. 7 Michigan.
The Cyclones, like the Cougars, like to get up and down the floor. They like to score a lot of points. So it should come as no surprise that the biggest concern for Dave Rose right now is the status of his best scorer.
Tyler Haws, who is averaging 29.5 points and 10.5 boards in two games this season, has missed the last two games with an abdominal strain. He expects to be back on the court tonight, however.
“I think I’m going to play,” said Haws after Tuesday’s practice in Provo. “I practiced today, so I’ll be ready to go. [I still feel pain] a little bit. I can still feel it, but not to where I can’t go. It’s feeling a lot better than it did last week.”
“I’m expected to play, and I want to play. Hopefully it responds tonight. I’m looking forward to playing.”
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)