Nov 20, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Steve Alford has put together an impressive trio of big men in his 2014 recruiting class.
With five-star recruit Kevin Looney and Gyorgy Goloman already in the mix, Alford landed a commitment from Thomas Welsh on Tuesday. Welsh is a seven-footer that currently sits at No. 52 in Rivals top 150 rankings.
Welsh is an LA native that received plenty of interest from Pac-12 schools. Here’s our Eric Bossi breaks down his game:
“One of the most drastically improved players in the country. A big man who plays like a big man. He does his scoring in the paint with jump hooks, drop steps and offensive rebounding. Has great hands but lacks upper end athleticism.”
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1