Nov 21, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Grinnell’s Jack Taylor made a ton of headlines over the weekend as he scored 180 points in the Pioneer’s first two games of the season.
This came a season after to the day that Taylor scored 138 points in a game last season.
It was November 20th, 2012, that Taylor had his record-breaking performance last season. On Wednesday night, a year to the day later, Grinnell played Wartburg, a good Division III program in Waverly, IO.
Taylor finished the night … with three points. He was 0-for-5 from the floor, 0-for-3 from three and 3-of-6 from the line.
His average dropped from 90.0 ppg to 61.0 ppg.
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 3
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)