Nov 21, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
Grinnell’s Jack Taylor made a ton of headlines over the weekend as he scored 180 points in the Pioneer’s first two games of the season.
This came a season after to the day that Taylor scored 138 points in a game last season.
It was November 20th, 2012, that Taylor had his record-breaking performance last season. On Wednesday night, a year to the day later, Grinnell played Wartburg, a good Division III program in Waverly, IO.
Taylor finished the night … with three points. He was 0-for-5 from the floor, 0-for-3 from three and 3-of-6 from the line.
His average dropped from 90.0 ppg to 61.0 ppg.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)