Nov 21, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Grinnell’s Jack Taylor made a ton of headlines over the weekend as he scored 180 points in the Pioneer’s first two games of the season.
This came a season after to the day that Taylor scored 138 points in a game last season.
It was November 20th, 2012, that Taylor had his record-breaking performance last season. On Wednesday night, a year to the day later, Grinnell played Wartburg, a good Division III program in Waverly, IO.
Taylor finished the night … with three points. He was 0-for-5 from the floor, 0-for-3 from three and 3-of-6 from the line.
His average dropped from 90.0 ppg to 61.0 ppg.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 30
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (30)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)