Nov 21, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
After beginning the Andy Enfield era with a loss at Utah State the USC Trojans have won three straight entering Thursday night’s game against West Alabama, with a trip to the Bahamas to play in the Battle 4 Atlantis on the horizon. Unfortunately for the Trojans they’ll be without the services of senior guard J.T. Terrell until at least the end of the semester, as he’s been declared academically ineligible.
The news was first reported by the Los Angeles Times.
Through three games Terrell averaged 10.0 points and 3.0 rebounds per game, but the majority of that damage was done against Utah State (20 points). In games against Cal-State Northridge and Northern Arizona Terrell shot 2-for-11 from the field, scoring a total of ten points. He did not play in USC’s 76-62 win over Cal-State Fullerton on Tuesday night.
With the semester ending on December 18, the earliest Terrell would be able to return to game action would be on December 19 against Long Beach State. Terrell’s absence will likely free up more opportunities for freshmen Roschon Prince (3.5 ppg, 2.2 rpg) and Nikola Jovanovic (6.5, 4.0).
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)