Nov 21, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
After beginning the Andy Enfield era with a loss at Utah State the USC Trojans have won three straight entering Thursday night’s game against West Alabama, with a trip to the Bahamas to play in the Battle 4 Atlantis on the horizon. Unfortunately for the Trojans they’ll be without the services of senior guard J.T. Terrell until at least the end of the semester, as he’s been declared academically ineligible.
The news was first reported by the Los Angeles Times.
Through three games Terrell averaged 10.0 points and 3.0 rebounds per game, but the majority of that damage was done against Utah State (20 points). In games against Cal-State Northridge and Northern Arizona Terrell shot 2-for-11 from the field, scoring a total of ten points. He did not play in USC’s 76-62 win over Cal-State Fullerton on Tuesday night.
With the semester ending on December 18, the earliest Terrell would be able to return to game action would be on December 19 against Long Beach State. Terrell’s absence will likely free up more opportunities for freshmen Roschon Prince (3.5 ppg, 2.2 rpg) and Nikola Jovanovic (6.5, 4.0).
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)