Nov 21, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
After beginning the Andy Enfield era with a loss at Utah State the USC Trojans have won three straight entering Thursday night’s game against West Alabama, with a trip to the Bahamas to play in the Battle 4 Atlantis on the horizon. Unfortunately for the Trojans they’ll be without the services of senior guard J.T. Terrell until at least the end of the semester, as he’s been declared academically ineligible.
The news was first reported by the Los Angeles Times.
Through three games Terrell averaged 10.0 points and 3.0 rebounds per game, but the majority of that damage was done against Utah State (20 points). In games against Cal-State Northridge and Northern Arizona Terrell shot 2-for-11 from the field, scoring a total of ten points. He did not play in USC’s 76-62 win over Cal-State Fullerton on Tuesday night.
With the semester ending on December 18, the earliest Terrell would be able to return to game action would be on December 19 against Long Beach State. Terrell’s absence will likely free up more opportunities for freshmen Roschon Prince (3.5 ppg, 2.2 rpg) and Nikola Jovanovic (6.5, 4.0).
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)