Nov 22, 2013, 3:28 PM EDT
After averaging just under eight minutes per game as a freshman, 6-foot-11 forward Stefan Jankovic played a total of 26 minutes in Missouri’s first two wins of the season over Southeast Louisiana and Southern Illinois. In those games the Canadian averaged 5.0 points and 3.5 rebounds per contest, but against Hawaii Jankovic played less than a minute in the first half of the Tigers’ 92-80 win.
Desiring a larger role, Jankovic has decided to transfer from the SEC school at the end of the current academic term according to multiple outlets. Jankovic, who played his final year of high school at Huntington Prep, leaves Missouri with career averages of 3.2 points and 1.6 rebounds per game.
“I want to thank everyone at Missouri, my teammates, the coaching staff, the administration and the fans,” Jankovic said in a statement released by the school. “This was a tough decision for me, and Missouri will always hold a special place in my heart, but this was about having the opportunity to find a better fit where I could play a larger role on the court. I am looking forward to my next opportunity and want to wish everyone at Mizzou all the best this year.”
Jankovic’s departure isn’t a major loss for the Tigers from a depth standpoint, with senior Tony Criswell (saw his first action of the season against Hawaii), junior Keanau Post and underclassmen Ryan Rosburg, Jonathan Williams III all at the Tigers’ disposal. And with an eye towards next season, Missouri also holds a commitment from highly regarded power forward Jakeenan Gant.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)