Nov 22, 2013, 3:28 PM EDT
After averaging just under eight minutes per game as a freshman, 6-foot-11 forward Stefan Jankovic played a total of 26 minutes in Missouri’s first two wins of the season over Southeast Louisiana and Southern Illinois. In those games the Canadian averaged 5.0 points and 3.5 rebounds per contest, but against Hawaii Jankovic played less than a minute in the first half of the Tigers’ 92-80 win.
Desiring a larger role, Jankovic has decided to transfer from the SEC school at the end of the current academic term according to multiple outlets. Jankovic, who played his final year of high school at Huntington Prep, leaves Missouri with career averages of 3.2 points and 1.6 rebounds per game.
“I want to thank everyone at Missouri, my teammates, the coaching staff, the administration and the fans,” Jankovic said in a statement released by the school. “This was a tough decision for me, and Missouri will always hold a special place in my heart, but this was about having the opportunity to find a better fit where I could play a larger role on the court. I am looking forward to my next opportunity and want to wish everyone at Mizzou all the best this year.”
Jankovic’s departure isn’t a major loss for the Tigers from a depth standpoint, with senior Tony Criswell (saw his first action of the season against Hawaii), junior Keanau Post and underclassmen Ryan Rosburg, Jonathan Williams III all at the Tigers’ disposal. And with an eye towards next season, Missouri also holds a commitment from highly regarded power forward Jakeenan Gant.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)