Nov 22, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
Oklahoma trailed by seven with a minute to go on Friday night against Seton Hall at the Barclays Center. The Sooners rallied for a wild finish, outscoring the Pirates 9-1 in the final moments to steal an 86-85 win over Seton Hall in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic in Brooklyn.
Seton Hall adds a second tally to the loss column, but Kevin Willard may have also lost a major piece to his frontline. Junior forward Patrik Auda re-injured the same right foot that kept him sidelined for the final 28 games of the 2012-2013 season. The 6-foot-9 Czech Republic native could be done for the season, again, according to Brendan Prunty of the Star-Ledger.
“Patrik re-injured the same foot he hurt last year,” Willard said following the game. “If it’s bent, it’s a major issue. If he didn’t bend it, then it’s probably maybe a month. Maybe more. Just depending on what he did.”
According to Willard, Auda landed on it awkwardly in the first half. He will undergo at CAT scan on Saturday morning. A year ago past Thursday, Auda broke the fifth metatarsal in his right foot during a game against Maine.
Auda was averaging 14.5 points and 6.3 rebounds this season.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)