Nov 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Coming off of a home loss to Belmont last week, North Carolina needed to bounce back on a neutral court against a solid opponent. By taking down Richmond 82-72 on Saturday in the opening round of the Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament in Connecticut.
Marcus Paige focused on scoring on Saturday as he led the 3-1 Tar Heels with 26 points and only had two assists. Off the bench Brice Johnson had 24 points and 11 rebounds in a big-time effort for the sophomore forward.
This is a nice bounce-back win for North Carolina in a tournament that could give them some momentum going into ACC play. The Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament will give the Tar Heels a few days to work out some kinks and work some lineups as well.
Marcus Paige had a nice scoring effort for North Carolina here, but they’ll likely rely on multiple guys to carry the scoring load led by Paige and James Michael McAdoo.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)