Nov 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Coming off of a home loss to Belmont last week, North Carolina needed to bounce back on a neutral court against a solid opponent. By taking down Richmond 82-72 on Saturday in the opening round of the Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament in Connecticut.
Marcus Paige focused on scoring on Saturday as he led the 3-1 Tar Heels with 26 points and only had two assists. Off the bench Brice Johnson had 24 points and 11 rebounds in a big-time effort for the sophomore forward.
This is a nice bounce-back win for North Carolina in a tournament that could give them some momentum going into ACC play. The Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament will give the Tar Heels a few days to work out some kinks and work some lineups as well.
Marcus Paige had a nice scoring effort for North Carolina here, but they’ll likely rely on multiple guys to carry the scoring load led by Paige and James Michael McAdoo.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)