Nov 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Coming off of a home loss to Belmont last week, North Carolina needed to bounce back on a neutral court against a solid opponent. By taking down Richmond 82-72 on Saturday in the opening round of the Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament in Connecticut.
Marcus Paige focused on scoring on Saturday as he led the 3-1 Tar Heels with 26 points and only had two assists. Off the bench Brice Johnson had 24 points and 11 rebounds in a big-time effort for the sophomore forward.
This is a nice bounce-back win for North Carolina in a tournament that could give them some momentum going into ACC play. The Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament will give the Tar Heels a few days to work out some kinks and work some lineups as well.
Marcus Paige had a nice scoring effort for North Carolina here, but they’ll likely rely on multiple guys to carry the scoring load led by Paige and James Michael McAdoo.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)