Nov 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Coming off of a home loss to Belmont last week, North Carolina needed to bounce back on a neutral court against a solid opponent. By taking down Richmond 82-72 on Saturday in the opening round of the Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament in Connecticut.
Marcus Paige focused on scoring on Saturday as he led the 3-1 Tar Heels with 26 points and only had two assists. Off the bench Brice Johnson had 24 points and 11 rebounds in a big-time effort for the sophomore forward.
This is a nice bounce-back win for North Carolina in a tournament that could give them some momentum going into ACC play. The Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament will give the Tar Heels a few days to work out some kinks and work some lineups as well.
Marcus Paige had a nice scoring effort for North Carolina here, but they’ll likely rely on multiple guys to carry the scoring load led by Paige and James Michael McAdoo.
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)