Nov 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Coming off of a home loss to Belmont last week, North Carolina needed to bounce back on a neutral court against a solid opponent. By taking down Richmond 82-72 on Saturday in the opening round of the Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament in Connecticut.
Marcus Paige focused on scoring on Saturday as he led the 3-1 Tar Heels with 26 points and only had two assists. Off the bench Brice Johnson had 24 points and 11 rebounds in a big-time effort for the sophomore forward.
This is a nice bounce-back win for North Carolina in a tournament that could give them some momentum going into ACC play. The Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament will give the Tar Heels a few days to work out some kinks and work some lineups as well.
Marcus Paige had a nice scoring effort for North Carolina here, but they’ll likely rely on multiple guys to carry the scoring load led by Paige and James Michael McAdoo.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)