Nov 25, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Yesterday, Billy Donovan made it official: starting point guard Scottie Wilbekin will be allowed to return to the team this week.
The Gators host Jacksonville tonight. He’ll be there and in uniform, which is a fact made all the more important by the loss of Kasey Hill to an ankle sprain.
But Wilbekin wasn’t the only player suspended by Donovan.
South Carolina transfer Damontre Harris was as well, as his return to the Florida lineup doesn’t seem as likely.
“Right now, he’s been gone for 25 days,” Donovan told The Gainesville Sun. “I don’t have any hope he’s going to come back. We’re still going to try to help him and work with him and try to get him to do the things he needs to do, but there’s no level of accountability on the things that he needs to do on a regular basis.”
Without Harris and with Chris Walker still sidelined with eligibility issues, Florida’s frontline isn’t quite as deep as it looked heading into the season. But the Gators have the depth to deal with it: Dorian Finney-Smith, Patric Young and Will Yeguete all on the roster.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)