Nov 25, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Yesterday, Billy Donovan made it official: starting point guard Scottie Wilbekin will be allowed to return to the team this week.
The Gators host Jacksonville tonight. He’ll be there and in uniform, which is a fact made all the more important by the loss of Kasey Hill to an ankle sprain.
But Wilbekin wasn’t the only player suspended by Donovan.
South Carolina transfer Damontre Harris was as well, as his return to the Florida lineup doesn’t seem as likely.
“Right now, he’s been gone for 25 days,” Donovan told The Gainesville Sun. “I don’t have any hope he’s going to come back. We’re still going to try to help him and work with him and try to get him to do the things he needs to do, but there’s no level of accountability on the things that he needs to do on a regular basis.”
Without Harris and with Chris Walker still sidelined with eligibility issues, Florida’s frontline isn’t quite as deep as it looked heading into the season. But the Gators have the depth to deal with it: Dorian Finney-Smith, Patric Young and Will Yeguete all on the roster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)