Nov 25, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Yesterday, Billy Donovan made it official: starting point guard Scottie Wilbekin will be allowed to return to the team this week.
The Gators host Jacksonville tonight. He’ll be there and in uniform, which is a fact made all the more important by the loss of Kasey Hill to an ankle sprain.
But Wilbekin wasn’t the only player suspended by Donovan.
South Carolina transfer Damontre Harris was as well, as his return to the Florida lineup doesn’t seem as likely.
“Right now, he’s been gone for 25 days,” Donovan told The Gainesville Sun. “I don’t have any hope he’s going to come back. We’re still going to try to help him and work with him and try to get him to do the things he needs to do, but there’s no level of accountability on the things that he needs to do on a regular basis.”
Without Harris and with Chris Walker still sidelined with eligibility issues, Florida’s frontline isn’t quite as deep as it looked heading into the season. But the Gators have the depth to deal with it: Dorian Finney-Smith, Patric Young and Will Yeguete all on the roster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)