Nov 25, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Towson has suspended sophomore guard Jerome Hairston indefinitely, according to a release from the school and head coach Pat Skerry.
Hairston, a 6-foor-3 guard was a CAA All-Rookie selection as a freshman and averaged 9.9 points a game last season before his scoring dipped to 5 points a game through the first five games of the season.
“We have suspended Jerome for conduct detrimental to the team,” said Skerry in the release. “The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued.”
Towson is losing a starting member of its backcourt, but it comes during the nonconference portion of the schedule. If Hairston is re-instated before CAA play, then Towson should be okay going forward.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)