Nov 25, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Towson has suspended sophomore guard Jerome Hairston indefinitely, according to a release from the school and head coach Pat Skerry.
Hairston, a 6-foor-3 guard was a CAA All-Rookie selection as a freshman and averaged 9.9 points a game last season before his scoring dipped to 5 points a game through the first five games of the season.
“We have suspended Jerome for conduct detrimental to the team,” said Skerry in the release. “The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued.”
Towson is losing a starting member of its backcourt, but it comes during the nonconference portion of the schedule. If Hairston is re-instated before CAA play, then Towson should be okay going forward.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)