Nov 25, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Towson has suspended sophomore guard Jerome Hairston indefinitely, according to a release from the school and head coach Pat Skerry.
Hairston, a 6-foor-3 guard was a CAA All-Rookie selection as a freshman and averaged 9.9 points a game last season before his scoring dipped to 5 points a game through the first five games of the season.
“We have suspended Jerome for conduct detrimental to the team,” said Skerry in the release. “The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued.”
Towson is losing a starting member of its backcourt, but it comes during the nonconference portion of the schedule. If Hairston is re-instated before CAA play, then Towson should be okay going forward.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)