Nov 25, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Towson has suspended sophomore guard Jerome Hairston indefinitely, according to a release from the school and head coach Pat Skerry.
Hairston, a 6-foor-3 guard was a CAA All-Rookie selection as a freshman and averaged 9.9 points a game last season before his scoring dipped to 5 points a game through the first five games of the season.
“We have suspended Jerome for conduct detrimental to the team,” said Skerry in the release. “The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued.”
Towson is losing a starting member of its backcourt, but it comes during the nonconference portion of the schedule. If Hairston is re-instated before CAA play, then Towson should be okay going forward.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 0
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)