Nov 25, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Connecticut Huskies are on the board in the 2015 class as head coach Kevin Ollie received a commitment from 6-foot-4 scoring guard Prince Ali from Sagemont Upper School in Weston, Florida.
Ali is regarded as a four-star prospect according to Rivals and he comes in as the No. 75 prospect in the 2015 national class. Ali is Connecticut’s first commitment in the 2015 class and shows that head coach Kevin Ollie is still able to recruit at a high level following the legendary success of Jim Calhoun.
Ollie was able to build a close relationship with Ali and although Prince plays for Florida Elite and has lived in Florida for a few years, he is originally from the Bronx and wanted to play close to his former home. Ali will help offset the scoring loss of Ryan Boatright in the backcourt, who will be a senior next season.
- Former Villanova guard headed to Oregon for final season 0
- Looking Forward: Seven coaches who’ll enter 2015-16 on the ‘hot seat’ 1
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 2
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (5)