Nov 25, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
Washington’s back court depth took a hit on Monday night when the school announced that reserve Hikeem Stewart will transfer out of the program.
“Hikeem is a great young man that I’ve enjoyed coaching and being around as much as any player that’s played for the Huskies ,” said head coach Lorenzo Romar. “We hate to see him leave, but I am fully supportive of his decision, and will sincerely support him in whatever direction he goes.”
Stewart played in all five games this season, but only managed five points. They all came in one game, against Eastern Washington.
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)