Nov 26, 2013, 7:44 PM EST
San Francisco received a huge blow to their hopes of competing in the WCC this season when it was announced on Tuesday that point guard Cody Doolin will be leaving the team for personal reasons.
“I respect Cody’s decision to devote more time to other matters in his life that will require his attention away from basketball,” said head coach Rex Walters in a statement. “Cody has been such a big part of the basketball program since the day he arrived at USF. I want nothing but the best for him and truly appreciate the time, energy and passion he had in his time here. He did great things on and off the court and I know that he will do great things after graduating in the spring. We will miss him and he will always be a USF Don.”
Doolin, is a senior and a finance major, averaged 13.0 points and 7.0 assists in four games this season. That included a career-high 33 points he put on Nevada.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)