Nov 26, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
San Francisco received a huge blow to their hopes of competing in the WCC this season when it was announced on Tuesday that point guard Cody Doolin will be leaving the team for personal reasons.
“I respect Cody’s decision to devote more time to other matters in his life that will require his attention away from basketball,” said head coach Rex Walters in a statement. “Cody has been such a big part of the basketball program since the day he arrived at USF. I want nothing but the best for him and truly appreciate the time, energy and passion he had in his time here. He did great things on and off the court and I know that he will do great things after graduating in the spring. We will miss him and he will always be a USF Don.”
Doolin, is a senior and a finance major, averaged 13.0 points and 7.0 assists in four games this season. That included a career-high 33 points he put on Nevada.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)