Nov 26, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
San Francisco received a huge blow to their hopes of competing in the WCC this season when it was announced on Tuesday that point guard Cody Doolin will be leaving the team for personal reasons.
“I respect Cody’s decision to devote more time to other matters in his life that will require his attention away from basketball,” said head coach Rex Walters in a statement. “Cody has been such a big part of the basketball program since the day he arrived at USF. I want nothing but the best for him and truly appreciate the time, energy and passion he had in his time here. He did great things on and off the court and I know that he will do great things after graduating in the spring. We will miss him and he will always be a USF Don.”
Doolin, is a senior and a finance major, averaged 13.0 points and 7.0 assists in four games this season. That included a career-high 33 points he put on Nevada.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)