Nov 26, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
San Francisco received a huge blow to their hopes of competing in the WCC this season when it was announced on Tuesday that point guard Cody Doolin will be leaving the team for personal reasons.
“I respect Cody’s decision to devote more time to other matters in his life that will require his attention away from basketball,” said head coach Rex Walters in a statement. “Cody has been such a big part of the basketball program since the day he arrived at USF. I want nothing but the best for him and truly appreciate the time, energy and passion he had in his time here. He did great things on and off the court and I know that he will do great things after graduating in the spring. We will miss him and he will always be a USF Don.”
Doolin, is a senior and a finance major, averaged 13.0 points and 7.0 assists in four games this season. That included a career-high 33 points he put on Nevada.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)