Nov 26, 2013, 9:06 PM EDT
Jerami Grant threw down a vicious two-handed putback slam in Tuesday night’s 92-81 win over Cal in Maui Invitational semifinals. That dunk capped off a career night for the Syracuse sophomore forward. Grant finished with a career-high 19 points to go along with eight rebounds and three assists before fouling out with 3:01 to play.
Grant’s dunk came at a key point in the game for No. 8 Syracuse. The Golden Bears, who were already shorthanded without Richard Solomon in the lineup, had David Kravish head to the bench with his fourth foul as Cuse led 60-57 with 10 minutes to play. Immediately, Grant went at reserve center Kameron Rooks for a layup to make give the Orange a five-point edge. Two possessions later for the Orange, Trevor Cooney’s floater hit off the back iron, but Jabari Bird lost Grant on the box out, who came charging in for the tip slam. Grant’s dunk was part of an 11-2 run for Syracuse.
Syracuse plays No. 18 Baylor on Wednesday night at 10 p.m. in the Maui Invitational championship game.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)