Nov 26, 2013, 9:06 PM EST
Jerami Grant threw down a vicious two-handed putback slam in Tuesday night’s 92-81 win over Cal in Maui Invitational semifinals. That dunk capped off a career night for the Syracuse sophomore forward. Grant finished with a career-high 19 points to go along with eight rebounds and three assists before fouling out with 3:01 to play.
Grant’s dunk came at a key point in the game for No. 8 Syracuse. The Golden Bears, who were already shorthanded without Richard Solomon in the lineup, had David Kravish head to the bench with his fourth foul as Cuse led 60-57 with 10 minutes to play. Immediately, Grant went at reserve center Kameron Rooks for a layup to make give the Orange a five-point edge. Two possessions later for the Orange, Trevor Cooney’s floater hit off the back iron, but Jabari Bird lost Grant on the box out, who came charging in for the tip slam. Grant’s dunk was part of an 11-2 run for Syracuse.
Syracuse plays No. 18 Baylor on Wednesday night at 10 p.m. in the Maui Invitational championship game.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)