Nov 27, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Yesterday, the news made the rounds that Chane Behanan’s 2012 Final Four ring was up for auction on the website Grey Flannel. Here’s a screen shot:
And now? The item is no longer up for auction now that Behanan’s mom has reported it as stoled:
So here’s the question that must be asked: How did Behanan’s ring end up for auction? Was this Behanan trying to sell it himself? Did he sell it to someone dumb enough to put it up on an auction site? That’s how Dominic Artis and Ben Carter got in trouble for Oregon this year. Or did Behanan’s ring actually get stolen?
I know what you, the cynic, will think, and I don’t necessarily disagree.
But think about this: How often is Behanan actually going to wear that Final Four ring, especially when he now has a national title ring? Isn’t it possible that someone — a friend, a date, a burglar — snagged that ring from wherever Behanan was keeping it and put it up for auction without his knowledge?
That’s certainly a possibility, right?
(UPDATE: The Courier-Journal is reporting that the ring was stolen from Behanan’s grandmother’s house in Cincinnati.)
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)