Nov 27, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Yesterday, the news made the rounds that Chane Behanan’s 2012 Final Four ring was up for auction on the website Grey Flannel. Here’s a screen shot:
And now? The item is no longer up for auction now that Behanan’s mom has reported it as stoled:
So here’s the question that must be asked: How did Behanan’s ring end up for auction? Was this Behanan trying to sell it himself? Did he sell it to someone dumb enough to put it up on an auction site? That’s how Dominic Artis and Ben Carter got in trouble for Oregon this year. Or did Behanan’s ring actually get stolen?
I know what you, the cynic, will think, and I don’t necessarily disagree.
But think about this: How often is Behanan actually going to wear that Final Four ring, especially when he now has a national title ring? Isn’t it possible that someone — a friend, a date, a burglar — snagged that ring from wherever Behanan was keeping it and put it up for auction without his knowledge?
That’s certainly a possibility, right?
(UPDATE: The Courier-Journal is reporting that the ring was stolen from Behanan’s grandmother’s house in Cincinnati.)
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)