Nov 27, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
In the immediate aftermath of Cleveland State’s hard-fought loss at No. 3 Kentucky on Monday night, assistant coach Jermaine Kimbrough took to Twitter to voice his displeasure with the officiating. With Kentucky attempting 11 free throws in the final seven minutes of the game, Kimbrough wasn’t alone in his opinion that the whistles were a bit too much.
Unfortunately for Kimbrough his public display (since deleted, as was his Twitter account) was captured, and for the comments he has been suspended one game as announced by the Horizon League on Wednesday afternoon. Kimbrough will not be on the bench Saturday night when the Vikings host Ball State.
“CSU assistant coach Jermaine Kimbrough’s comments about the officiating after the CSU-Kentucky men’s basketball game on Monday, November 25th were unacceptable,” Cleveland State AD John Parry said in the release. “As a result, coach Kimbrough has been suspended for the CSU-Ball State game scheduled on Saturday, November 30th.”
Kimbrough’s frustration is certainly understandable but public remarks about the officiating tend to result in some sort of reprimand or, in the case of Kimbrough, a suspension. Cleveland State, led by forward Anton Grady and guards Bryn Forbes and Trey Lewis, is currently 3-3 on the season and they’ve lost two of their last three games.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)