Nov 27, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
In the immediate aftermath of Cleveland State’s hard-fought loss at No. 3 Kentucky on Monday night, assistant coach Jermaine Kimbrough took to Twitter to voice his displeasure with the officiating. With Kentucky attempting 11 free throws in the final seven minutes of the game, Kimbrough wasn’t alone in his opinion that the whistles were a bit too much.
Unfortunately for Kimbrough his public display (since deleted, as was his Twitter account) was captured, and for the comments he has been suspended one game as announced by the Horizon League on Wednesday afternoon. Kimbrough will not be on the bench Saturday night when the Vikings host Ball State.
“CSU assistant coach Jermaine Kimbrough’s comments about the officiating after the CSU-Kentucky men’s basketball game on Monday, November 25th were unacceptable,” Cleveland State AD John Parry said in the release. “As a result, coach Kimbrough has been suspended for the CSU-Ball State game scheduled on Saturday, November 30th.”
Kimbrough’s frustration is certainly understandable but public remarks about the officiating tend to result in some sort of reprimand or, in the case of Kimbrough, a suspension. Cleveland State, led by forward Anton Grady and guards Bryn Forbes and Trey Lewis, is currently 3-3 on the season and they’ve lost two of their last three games.
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 0
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)