Nov 27, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
UMass Lowell is in its first season of Division I basketball, still searching for its first victory of the season. The River Hawks did not get a win on Tuesday after a 79-49 loss to Cincinnati.
But UMass Lowell did a spot in this season’s posterized series, though it was on the wrong end of a dunk. Kevin Johnson had his floater rejected, but it ended up in the hands of the most dangerous man on the floor: Justin Jackson. The senior forward collected the block, rose up and slammed home a one-handed dunk … his way of welcoming UMass Lowell to Division I.
The Bearcats are currently 5-0 following Tuesday’s lopsided victory.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)