Nov 27, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
UMass Lowell is in its first season of Division I basketball, still searching for its first victory of the season. The River Hawks did not get a win on Tuesday after a 79-49 loss to Cincinnati.
But UMass Lowell did a spot in this season’s posterized series, though it was on the wrong end of a dunk. Kevin Johnson had his floater rejected, but it ended up in the hands of the most dangerous man on the floor: Justin Jackson. The senior forward collected the block, rose up and slammed home a one-handed dunk … his way of welcoming UMass Lowell to Division I.
The Bearcats are currently 5-0 following Tuesday’s lopsided victory.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)