Nov 27, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
UMass Lowell is in its first season of Division I basketball, still searching for its first victory of the season. The River Hawks did not get a win on Tuesday after a 79-49 loss to Cincinnati.
But UMass Lowell did a spot in this season’s posterized series, though it was on the wrong end of a dunk. Kevin Johnson had his floater rejected, but it ended up in the hands of the most dangerous man on the floor: Justin Jackson. The senior forward collected the block, rose up and slammed home a one-handed dunk … his way of welcoming UMass Lowell to Division I.
The Bearcats are currently 5-0 following Tuesday’s lopsided victory.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)