Nov 29, 2013, 12:24 PM EST
It’s been an eventful 2013-14 season for Louisville junior forward and we’re not even done with the month of November. There was the indefinite suspension that lasted for one game despite having the appearance of something far more severe when originally announced, and in recent days there’s been the 2012 Final Four ring controversy.
Behanan’s ring showed up on an auction site, and as former college athletes like A.J. Green can tell you the sale of such merchandise is a violation of NCAA rules. But Behanan’s family claimed that the ring was stolen from his grandmother’s Cincinnati home, leading to the cancellation of that auction. On Friday the school announced that Behanan had no knowledge of the auction and therefore has been cleared of any wrongdoing.
University of Louisville and law enforcement officials have gathered extensive information into their examination of how Chane Behanan’s 2012 Final Four ring recently appeared on a sports memorabilia auction site and have determined that Behanan was not involved in the process.
After communicating with multiple parties, there was no indication that Behanan had anything to do with the ring being presented for sale or that he had any knowledge the ring had been stolen until information appeared on social media Tuesday night.
Behanan’s averaging 8.6 points and 6.2 rebounds in just over 18 minutes of action per game for the Cardinals, who host Southern Miss on Friday evening. In 23 minutes off the bench Behanan tallied seven points and nine rebounds in Louisville’s 93-84 loss to North Carolina on Sunday.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 2
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)