Nov 29, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT
It’s been an eventful 2013-14 season for Louisville junior forward and we’re not even done with the month of November. There was the indefinite suspension that lasted for one game despite having the appearance of something far more severe when originally announced, and in recent days there’s been the 2012 Final Four ring controversy.
Behanan’s ring showed up on an auction site, and as former college athletes like A.J. Green can tell you the sale of such merchandise is a violation of NCAA rules. But Behanan’s family claimed that the ring was stolen from his grandmother’s Cincinnati home, leading to the cancellation of that auction. On Friday the school announced that Behanan had no knowledge of the auction and therefore has been cleared of any wrongdoing.
University of Louisville and law enforcement officials have gathered extensive information into their examination of how Chane Behanan’s 2012 Final Four ring recently appeared on a sports memorabilia auction site and have determined that Behanan was not involved in the process.
After communicating with multiple parties, there was no indication that Behanan had anything to do with the ring being presented for sale or that he had any knowledge the ring had been stolen until information appeared on social media Tuesday night.
Behanan’s averaging 8.6 points and 6.2 rebounds in just over 18 minutes of action per game for the Cardinals, who host Southern Miss on Friday evening. In 23 minutes off the bench Behanan tallied seven points and nine rebounds in Louisville’s 93-84 loss to North Carolina on Sunday.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)