Nov 30, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
If you follow college basketball then you’ve likely heard of Findlay Prep. Findlay Prep, the “high school” basketball powerhouse located in Henderson, Nevada, has sent 100 percent of its basketball team on to play Division I basketball since the program began in 2007.
The program has produced McDonald’s All-Americans such as UNLV’s Anthony Bennett, Texas’ Myck Kabongo and Tristen Thompson and Washington’s Nigel Williams-Goss and has an incredibly talented team this season that includes Kansas commit Kelly Oubre and consensus top-1o shooting guard Rashad Vaughn.
But is Findlay Prep a high school? And how is their basketball program and school structure changing the face of high school (and college) basketball?
Since Findlay Prep was founded in 2007, the Pilots have compiled an astounding 189–13 record. At some point in each of the past six high school basketball seasons it has been ranked No. 1 nationally.
In that same period, all of the lads who have played for the Pilots have qualified academically for college. In fact, 100 percent of Findlay Prep’s basketball players have earned Division I basketball scholarships, which is no different from saying that 100 percent of the students who attend Findlay Prep have earned Division I basketball scholarships, which we could say without hesitation, if only there were a Findlay Prep to attend.
Confused? Good. That means you’re paying attention.
Newsweek did a great piece on Findlay Prep this week and you can find the complete article here.
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)