Nov 30, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Georgetown head coach John Thompson III announced Saturday morning that junior forward Greg Whittington has been dismissed from the basketball team.
Whittington tore his ACL in June and has not played during the 2013-14 season while recovering from knee surgery. The 6-foot-8 forward from Columbia, Maryland averaged 12.1 points per game and seven rebounds per game in 13 games last season in his sophomore campaign.
While Whittington was going to likely miss this season with the torn ACL, his presence in the frontcourt would have surely helped the Hoyas when he returned next season.
No reason was given for Whittington’s dismissal in the release from Georgetown.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)