Nov 30, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Georgetown head coach John Thompson III announced Saturday morning that junior forward Greg Whittington has been dismissed from the basketball team.
Whittington tore his ACL in June and has not played during the 2013-14 season while recovering from knee surgery. The 6-foot-8 forward from Columbia, Maryland averaged 12.1 points per game and seven rebounds per game in 13 games last season in his sophomore campaign.
While Whittington was going to likely miss this season with the torn ACL, his presence in the frontcourt would have surely helped the Hoyas when he returned next season.
No reason was given for Whittington’s dismissal in the release from Georgetown.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)