Nov 30, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Georgetown head coach John Thompson III announced Saturday morning that junior forward Greg Whittington has been dismissed from the basketball team.
Whittington tore his ACL in June and has not played during the 2013-14 season while recovering from knee surgery. The 6-foot-8 forward from Columbia, Maryland averaged 12.1 points per game and seven rebounds per game in 13 games last season in his sophomore campaign.
While Whittington was going to likely miss this season with the torn ACL, his presence in the frontcourt would have surely helped the Hoyas when he returned next season.
No reason was given for Whittington’s dismissal in the release from Georgetown.
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)