Nov 30, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Georgetown head coach John Thompson III announced Saturday morning that junior forward Greg Whittington has been dismissed from the basketball team.
Whittington tore his ACL in June and has not played during the 2013-14 season while recovering from knee surgery. The 6-foot-8 forward from Columbia, Maryland averaged 12.1 points per game and seven rebounds per game in 13 games last season in his sophomore campaign.
While Whittington was going to likely miss this season with the torn ACL, his presence in the frontcourt would have surely helped the Hoyas when he returned next season.
No reason was given for Whittington’s dismissal in the release from Georgetown.
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)