Nov 30, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Georgetown head coach John Thompson III announced Saturday morning that junior forward Greg Whittington has been dismissed from the basketball team.
Whittington tore his ACL in June and has not played during the 2013-14 season while recovering from knee surgery. The 6-foot-8 forward from Columbia, Maryland averaged 12.1 points per game and seven rebounds per game in 13 games last season in his sophomore campaign.
While Whittington was going to likely miss this season with the torn ACL, his presence in the frontcourt would have surely helped the Hoyas when he returned next season.
No reason was given for Whittington’s dismissal in the release from Georgetown.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)