Dec 1, 2013, 1:14 PM EST
Nik Stauskas did not take the floor in Michigan’s 87-45 win over Coppin State on Friday night at home. The Wolverines didn’t need him as freshman Zak Irvin went off for a career-high 24 points.
On Tuesday night, when Michigan travels to Durham to take on Duke, Michigan will need its leading scorer back in the lineup. But according to Brendan Quinn of MLive.com that is not a definite at the moment.
“I don’t know,” Michigan head coach John Beilein said. “Until he’s practicing 100 percent, he won’t go in there. He’s got to be pretty close to 100 percent to go in there.”
Stauskas injured his ankle in the second half against Charlotte in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off last week. The 49ers ended up defeating the Wolverines in the title game, but Stauskas shined throughout. He scored a career-high 26 points in a comeback win over Florida State and added 20 more in the title game.
Despite playing the rest of the game on a banged-up ankle, Stauskas has not participated in practice since Michigan returned to Ann Arbor.
Michigan and Duke tip at 9:15 on Tuesday.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)