Dec 1, 2013, 1:14 PM EDT
Nik Stauskas did not take the floor in Michigan’s 87-45 win over Coppin State on Friday night at home. The Wolverines didn’t need him as freshman Zak Irvin went off for a career-high 24 points.
On Tuesday night, when Michigan travels to Durham to take on Duke, Michigan will need its leading scorer back in the lineup. But according to Brendan Quinn of MLive.com that is not a definite at the moment.
“I don’t know,” Michigan head coach John Beilein said. “Until he’s practicing 100 percent, he won’t go in there. He’s got to be pretty close to 100 percent to go in there.”
Stauskas injured his ankle in the second half against Charlotte in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off last week. The 49ers ended up defeating the Wolverines in the title game, but Stauskas shined throughout. He scored a career-high 26 points in a comeback win over Florida State and added 20 more in the title game.
Despite playing the rest of the game on a banged-up ankle, Stauskas has not participated in practice since Michigan returned to Ann Arbor.
Michigan and Duke tip at 9:15 on Tuesday.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)