Dec 2, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Before Kentucky and head coach John Calipari took the floor at the Barclays Center on Sunday to defeat Providence, Coach Cal got some phone time in with the 42nd President of the United States, Bill Clinton.
Clinton is a noted college basketball fan and has been seen everywhere from watching his home state Arkansas Razorbacks make NCAA Tournament runs during his presidency to crashing Louisville’s locker room celebration after the Big East Tournament championship last season.
Calipari broke down his conversation with Clinton in a series of tweets:
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)