Dec 2, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Before Kentucky and head coach John Calipari took the floor at the Barclays Center on Sunday to defeat Providence, Coach Cal got some phone time in with the 42nd President of the United States, Bill Clinton.
Clinton is a noted college basketball fan and has been seen everywhere from watching his home state Arkansas Razorbacks make NCAA Tournament runs during his presidency to crashing Louisville’s locker room celebration after the Big East Tournament championship last season.
Calipari broke down his conversation with Clinton in a series of tweets:
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)