Dec 2, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Thanksgiving break wasn’t good for Houston’s basketball team.
The Cougars not only got swept at the Barclays Center by Pitt and Texas Tech in the Legends Classic, they announced on Monday that star guard Danuel House is out indefinitely after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery. He’ll be back this season, but a timetable for his return is not yet known.
It’s a big loss for the Cougars. House was second on the team, averaging 15.6 points and 5.7 rebounds.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)