Dec 2, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Thanksgiving break wasn’t good for Houston’s basketball team.
The Cougars not only got swept at the Barclays Center by Pitt and Texas Tech in the Legends Classic, they announced on Monday that star guard Danuel House is out indefinitely after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery. He’ll be back this season, but a timetable for his return is not yet known.
It’s a big loss for the Cougars. House was second on the team, averaging 15.6 points and 5.7 rebounds.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)