Dec 2, 2013, 6:07 PM EST
The Thanksgiving break wasn’t good for Houston’s basketball team.
The Cougars not only got swept at the Barclays Center by Pitt and Texas Tech in the Legends Classic, they announced on Monday that star guard Danuel House is out indefinitely after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery. He’ll be back this season, but a timetable for his return is not yet known.
It’s a big loss for the Cougars. House was second on the team, averaging 15.6 points and 5.7 rebounds.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)