Dec 2, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Scrappy NIT Preseason Tip-Off favorite Drexel gave Arizona a tight game in the Garden and topped Alabama in three overtimes, but they received some tough news on Monday night as junior guard Damion Lee is out for the season with a torn ACL, the school announced.
Lee went down during the Arizona game and a Monday MRI revealed the unfortunate news. The 6-foot-6 junior from Baltimore was averaging 13 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in his junior season, in which he played just five games, after averaging 17.1 and 5.1 last season.
This is a really unfortunate loss for Bruiser Flint and the Dragons and last year they lost senior guard Chris Fouch to a season-ending knee injury in December as well. Fouch was granted his sixth year of eligibility this season and the Dragons will have to trudge on without a potential all-conference player like Lee.
Drexel did come back to beat Alabama in three overtimes the following game without Lee, and although Bruiser Flint usually keeps a tight rotation, he has some depth this season and Major Canady, a 6-foot-4 guard, saw 19 minutes against Alabama.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)