Dec 2, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Evansville announced on Monday morning that junior forward Ryan Sawvell will be leaving the program and “will move in a different direction.
Sawvell, who was an all-freshman team member in 2011-2013, was averaging 6.0 points this season. He scored 29 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in wins over Valparaiso and Anderson College two weeks ago, but in the two games since them, he went scoreless while getting just five shots and playing only 28 minutes.
Losing Sawvell is a blow to the Purple Aces’ front court depth.
Evansville is 5-2 this season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)