Dec 2, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Evansville announced on Monday morning that junior forward Ryan Sawvell will be leaving the program and “will move in a different direction.
Sawvell, who was an all-freshman team member in 2011-2013, was averaging 6.0 points this season. He scored 29 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in wins over Valparaiso and Anderson College two weeks ago, but in the two games since them, he went scoreless while getting just five shots and playing only 28 minutes.
Losing Sawvell is a blow to the Purple Aces’ front court depth.
Evansville is 5-2 this season.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)