Dec 2, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Evansville announced on Monday morning that junior forward Ryan Sawvell will be leaving the program and “will move in a different direction.
Sawvell, who was an all-freshman team member in 2011-2013, was averaging 6.0 points this season. He scored 29 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in wins over Valparaiso and Anderson College two weeks ago, but in the two games since them, he went scoreless while getting just five shots and playing only 28 minutes.
Losing Sawvell is a blow to the Purple Aces’ front court depth.
Evansville is 5-2 this season.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)