Dec 2, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Evansville announced on Monday morning that junior forward Ryan Sawvell will be leaving the program and “will move in a different direction.
Sawvell, who was an all-freshman team member in 2011-2013, was averaging 6.0 points this season. He scored 29 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in wins over Valparaiso and Anderson College two weeks ago, but in the two games since them, he went scoreless while getting just five shots and playing only 28 minutes.
Losing Sawvell is a blow to the Purple Aces’ front court depth.
Evansville is 5-2 this season.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)