Dec 2, 2013, 3:41 PM EST
Evansville announced on Monday morning that junior forward Ryan Sawvell will be leaving the program and “will move in a different direction.
Sawvell, who was an all-freshman team member in 2011-2013, was averaging 6.0 points this season. He scored 29 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in wins over Valparaiso and Anderson College two weeks ago, but in the two games since them, he went scoreless while getting just five shots and playing only 28 minutes.
Losing Sawvell is a blow to the Purple Aces’ front court depth.
Evansville is 5-2 this season.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)