Dec 3, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
The field for the 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis has been revealed, and it is absolutely stacked.
The eight teams: Florida, North Carolina, UCLA, Georgetown, Wisconsin, Butler, Oklahoma and UAB.
There is a rule in place that prohibits two teams from the same conference from being in these early season tournaments. Butler and Georgetown are both members of the Big East, but the Bulldogs are now in their third conference in three years and made the decision to take part in this tournament well before they were in the same league as Georgetown. We saw the same situation this year as Villanova and Xavier were both in the Battle 4 Atlantis. In the Wooden Legacy this year, both Creighton and Marquette were in the field.
Villanova beat Kansas and then knocked off Iowa in overtime in the final to win the 2013 tournament.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)