Dec 3, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
The field for the 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis has been revealed, and it is absolutely stacked.
The eight teams: Florida, North Carolina, UCLA, Georgetown, Wisconsin, Butler, Oklahoma and UAB.
There is a rule in place that prohibits two teams from the same conference from being in these early season tournaments. Butler and Georgetown are both members of the Big East, but the Bulldogs are now in their third conference in three years and made the decision to take part in this tournament well before they were in the same league as Georgetown. We saw the same situation this year as Villanova and Xavier were both in the Battle 4 Atlantis. In the Wooden Legacy this year, both Creighton and Marquette were in the field.
Villanova beat Kansas and then knocked off Iowa in overtime in the final to win the 2013 tournament.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)