Dec 5, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
On Thursday morning, Anali Okoloji was suspended by George Mason for conduct unbecoming of a George Mason student-athlete.
It stems from an incident in Wednesday’s game against South Florida. Okoloji felt he was fouled at one end of the floor and then, after a foul was called against him, he half-stepped, half-kicked South Florida point guard Anthony Collins while he was lying on the ground. Okoloji was assessed a technical foul
“Anali’s actions in Wednesday’s game were inexcusable and not what we expect from a George Mason student-athlete,” said head coach Paul Hewitt.
Here’s video of the sequence:
Okoloji, a transfer from Seton Hall, had played in eight games for the Patriots, scoring a season-high of seven points.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)