Dec 5, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
On Thursday morning, Anali Okoloji was suspended by George Mason for conduct unbecoming of a George Mason student-athlete.
It stems from an incident in Wednesday’s game against South Florida. Okoloji felt he was fouled at one end of the floor and then, after a foul was called against him, he half-stepped, half-kicked South Florida point guard Anthony Collins while he was lying on the ground. Okoloji was assessed a technical foul
“Anali’s actions in Wednesday’s game were inexcusable and not what we expect from a George Mason student-athlete,” said head coach Paul Hewitt.
Here’s video of the sequence:
Okoloji, a transfer from Seton Hall, had played in eight games for the Patriots, scoring a season-high of seven points.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)