Dec 5, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
Arizona State had a rough weekend out in Southern California for the Wooden Legacy tournament.
They went 1-2 in their three games, which included a 28-point loss to Creighton and a 60-57 loss to ACC cellar-dweller Miami.
Making matters worse is that Jahii Carson managed to hurt his ankle in the process. He played through the pain on Sunday, finishing 2-for-14 from the floor with only eight points, in the loss to Miami, but that’s not all.
The injury may end up keeping Jahii out of Friday’s game at DePaul. According to Doug Haller, Arizona State’s beat writer, Carson is currently listed as questionable.
Carson has been one of the best players in the country this season, averaging 20.5 points and 5.1 assists while shooting 51.5% from three. His 40-point, seven-assist performance in a win at UNLV was one of the year’s most dominating outputs. Losing him would be a huge blow the Sun Devils, and losing to both Miami and DePaul would put Arizona State is a major NCAA tournament hole.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)