Dec 5, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
Arizona State had a rough weekend out in Southern California for the Wooden Legacy tournament.
They went 1-2 in their three games, which included a 28-point loss to Creighton and a 60-57 loss to ACC cellar-dweller Miami.
Making matters worse is that Jahii Carson managed to hurt his ankle in the process. He played through the pain on Sunday, finishing 2-for-14 from the floor with only eight points, in the loss to Miami, but that’s not all.
The injury may end up keeping Jahii out of Friday’s game at DePaul. According to Doug Haller, Arizona State’s beat writer, Carson is currently listed as questionable.
Carson has been one of the best players in the country this season, averaging 20.5 points and 5.1 assists while shooting 51.5% from three. His 40-point, seven-assist performance in a win at UNLV was one of the year’s most dominating outputs. Losing him would be a huge blow the Sun Devils, and losing to both Miami and DePaul would put Arizona State is a major NCAA tournament hole.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)