Dec 5, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
Arizona State had a rough weekend out in Southern California for the Wooden Legacy tournament.
They went 1-2 in their three games, which included a 28-point loss to Creighton and a 60-57 loss to ACC cellar-dweller Miami.
Making matters worse is that Jahii Carson managed to hurt his ankle in the process. He played through the pain on Sunday, finishing 2-for-14 from the floor with only eight points, in the loss to Miami, but that’s not all.
The injury may end up keeping Jahii out of Friday’s game at DePaul. According to Doug Haller, Arizona State’s beat writer, Carson is currently listed as questionable.
Carson has been one of the best players in the country this season, averaging 20.5 points and 5.1 assists while shooting 51.5% from three. His 40-point, seven-assist performance in a win at UNLV was one of the year’s most dominating outputs. Losing him would be a huge blow the Sun Devils, and losing to both Miami and DePaul would put Arizona State is a major NCAA tournament hole.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)