Dec 5, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
Arizona State had a rough weekend out in Southern California for the Wooden Legacy tournament.
They went 1-2 in their three games, which included a 28-point loss to Creighton and a 60-57 loss to ACC cellar-dweller Miami.
Making matters worse is that Jahii Carson managed to hurt his ankle in the process. He played through the pain on Sunday, finishing 2-for-14 from the floor with only eight points, in the loss to Miami, but that’s not all.
The injury may end up keeping Jahii out of Friday’s game at DePaul. According to Doug Haller, Arizona State’s beat writer, Carson is currently listed as questionable.
Carson has been one of the best players in the country this season, averaging 20.5 points and 5.1 assists while shooting 51.5% from three. His 40-point, seven-assist performance in a win at UNLV was one of the year’s most dominating outputs. Losing him would be a huge blow the Sun Devils, and losing to both Miami and DePaul would put Arizona State is a major NCAA tournament hole.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1