Dec 5, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
Arizona State had a rough weekend out in Southern California for the Wooden Legacy tournament.
They went 1-2 in their three games, which included a 28-point loss to Creighton and a 60-57 loss to ACC cellar-dweller Miami.
Making matters worse is that Jahii Carson managed to hurt his ankle in the process. He played through the pain on Sunday, finishing 2-for-14 from the floor with only eight points, in the loss to Miami, but that’s not all.
The injury may end up keeping Jahii out of Friday’s game at DePaul. According to Doug Haller, Arizona State’s beat writer, Carson is currently listed as questionable.
Carson has been one of the best players in the country this season, averaging 20.5 points and 5.1 assists while shooting 51.5% from three. His 40-point, seven-assist performance in a win at UNLV was one of the year’s most dominating outputs. Losing him would be a huge blow the Sun Devils, and losing to both Miami and DePaul would put Arizona State is a major NCAA tournament hole.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)