Dec 5, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Normally when the discussion of someone being “posterized” takes place, there’s usually no doubt that a player was dunked on. But this video is a bit different, as it’s a compilation of three impressive dunks by Ohio State wing Sam Thompson in the Buckeyes’ 76-60 win over Maryland on Wednesday night. All three were alley-oops, with Maryland defenders Charles Mitchell and Jake Layman “attempting” to break up the second and third finishes respectively.
In terms of alley-oops I’m more partial to Thompson’s finish at Indiana in 2012, and his dunk on Purdue’s A.J. Hammons last season was filthy. But Wednesday night’s show didn’t lack for entertainment, with “Slam” Thompson adding more evidence that he’s one of the nation’s best leapers.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015’s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)