Dec 5, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Normally when the discussion of someone being “posterized” takes place, there’s usually no doubt that a player was dunked on. But this video is a bit different, as it’s a compilation of three impressive dunks by Ohio State wing Sam Thompson in the Buckeyes’ 76-60 win over Maryland on Wednesday night. All three were alley-oops, with Maryland defenders Charles Mitchell and Jake Layman “attempting” to break up the second and third finishes respectively.
In terms of alley-oops I’m more partial to Thompson’s finish at Indiana in 2012, and his dunk on Purdue’s A.J. Hammons last season was filthy. But Wednesday night’s show didn’t lack for entertainment, with “Slam” Thompson adding more evidence that he’s one of the nation’s best leapers.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)