Dec 5, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: West Virginia at Missouri, 7:00 p.m. ET
The Big 12/SEC Challenge kicks off tonight, headlined by the Mountaineers treking down to Columbia to take on former Big 12 member Missouri. While there isn’t exactly a Final Four contender taking the court, this will be an intriguing game to watch simply because it will give us a glimpse at two teams that have played well early on this season. West Virginia has had a couple of tough losses, to Wisconsin and Virginia Tech but their back court of Eron Harris, and Juwan Staten has been dynamic. For the Tigers, Jordan Clarkson looks like he could end up being the best scoring guard in the SEC this season, but Missouri has played a schedule that’s about equivalent to that of my men’s league team. Just how good are the Tigers?
MID-MAJOR GAME OF THE DAY: Eastern Kentucky at VCU, 7:00 p.m. ET
I know, I know, I know. VCU isn’t a “mid-major” program anymore, but they are still VCU, and they’ll always be a mid-major in my heart. Eastern Kentucky is one of the favorites to win the OVC this season, which means that they should be able to give the Rams a fight in Richmond.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
1) Marshall Henderson will be making another appearance on national television tonight as his Rebels, fresh off of a win in the Barclays Center Classic, will be heading down to Manhattan, KS, to take on Kansas State.
2) No. 24 San Diego State takes on crosstown-rival San Diego in their first test as a top 25 team this season. The Toreros have a talented back court of Johnny Dee and Chris Anderson.
3) The Battle of the Ocean State takes place tonight between Providence and Rhode Island.
4) Georgetown hosts High Point tonight. They’ll be without Allan Chaney, but John Brown is a talent worth watching.
5) Texas A&M-CC will be taking on Oklahoma at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon as they try to get their game in before the storm hits.
- LIU-Brooklyn at Seton Hall, 7:00 p.m.
- Marshall at Vanderbilt, 8:00 p.m.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)