Dec 6, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
While some were no doubt irked that the Baylor vs. Kentucky game went into four overtimes — thereby causing the men’s game to begin roughly 80 minutes after its scheduled tip — the women’s game was a dandy.
The 263 combined points eclipsed the previous record of 252 points.
The two teams were neck and neck the entire way. After being knotted at halftime at 44 points apiece, and then matching scores in the second half at 46, 180 points had already been scored by the end of regulation.
Want to know just how crazy this game was? Jennifer O’Neill dropped in 43 points for Kentucky — coming off of the bench!
Baylor guard Odyssey Sims scored a cool 47 points. That’s 90 points between just two players.
With the win, Kentucky remains undefeated and moves to 9-0. Baylor, meanwhile, suffers their first loss of the year.
If the nightcap between the two men’s teams is half as good as the women’s game, the nation is in for a treat.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0