Dec 6, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
While some were no doubt irked that the Baylor vs. Kentucky game went into four overtimes — thereby causing the men’s game to begin roughly 80 minutes after its scheduled tip — the women’s game was a dandy.
The 263 combined points eclipsed the previous record of 252 points.
The two teams were neck and neck the entire way. After being knotted at halftime at 44 points apiece, and then matching scores in the second half at 46, 180 points had already been scored by the end of regulation.
Want to know just how crazy this game was? Jennifer O’Neill dropped in 43 points for Kentucky — coming off of the bench!
Baylor guard Odyssey Sims scored a cool 47 points. That’s 90 points between just two players.
With the win, Kentucky remains undefeated and moves to 9-0. Baylor, meanwhile, suffers their first loss of the year.
If the nightcap between the two men’s teams is half as good as the women’s game, the nation is in for a treat.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)