Dec 6, 2013, 11:19 PM EST
While some were no doubt irked that the Baylor vs. Kentucky game went into four overtimes — thereby causing the men’s game to begin roughly 80 minutes after its scheduled tip — the women’s game was a dandy.
The 263 combined points eclipsed the previous record of 252 points.
The two teams were neck and neck the entire way. After being knotted at halftime at 44 points apiece, and then matching scores in the second half at 46, 180 points had already been scored by the end of regulation.
Want to know just how crazy this game was? Jennifer O’Neill dropped in 43 points for Kentucky — coming off of the bench!
Baylor guard Odyssey Sims scored a cool 47 points. That’s 90 points between just two players.
With the win, Kentucky remains undefeated and moves to 9-0. Baylor, meanwhile, suffers their first loss of the year.
If the nightcap between the two men’s teams is half as good as the women’s game, the nation is in for a treat.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)