Dec 6, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
While some were no doubt irked that the Baylor vs. Kentucky game went into four overtimes — thereby causing the men’s game to begin roughly 80 minutes after its scheduled tip — the women’s game was a dandy.
The 263 combined points eclipsed the previous record of 252 points.
The two teams were neck and neck the entire way. After being knotted at halftime at 44 points apiece, and then matching scores in the second half at 46, 180 points had already been scored by the end of regulation.
Want to know just how crazy this game was? Jennifer O’Neill dropped in 43 points for Kentucky — coming off of the bench!
Baylor guard Odyssey Sims scored a cool 47 points. That’s 90 points between just two players.
With the win, Kentucky remains undefeated and moves to 9-0. Baylor, meanwhile, suffers their first loss of the year.
If the nightcap between the two men’s teams is half as good as the women’s game, the nation is in for a treat.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)