Dec 6, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
While some were no doubt irked that the Baylor vs. Kentucky game went into four overtimes — thereby causing the men’s game to begin roughly 80 minutes after its scheduled tip — the women’s game was a dandy.
The 263 combined points eclipsed the previous record of 252 points.
The two teams were neck and neck the entire way. After being knotted at halftime at 44 points apiece, and then matching scores in the second half at 46, 180 points had already been scored by the end of regulation.
Want to know just how crazy this game was? Jennifer O’Neill dropped in 43 points for Kentucky — coming off of the bench!
Baylor guard Odyssey Sims scored a cool 47 points. That’s 90 points between just two players.
With the win, Kentucky remains undefeated and moves to 9-0. Baylor, meanwhile, suffers their first loss of the year.
If the nightcap between the two men’s teams is half as good as the women’s game, the nation is in for a treat.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)