Dec 7, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Turns out that the sprained ankle he suffered in Monday’s loss at No. 12 UConn won’t result in any missed game time for Florida senior point guard Scottie Wilbekin, as he’s returned to practice and will play on Tuesday night against No. 6 Kansas. That’s important news for the Gators, who faced the possibility of not having a point guard had Wilbekin been unable to go.
Wilbekin’s played in just three games this season thanks to an offseason suspension levied by head coach Billy Donovan, posting averages of 11.3 points and 5.7 assists per contest. According to the report freshman point guard Kasey Hill has yet to fully participate in practice since suffering a high ankle sprain on November 17 against Southern.
With Hill’s status for Tuesday night still unknown, having Wilbekin available is an important development for the Gators. He’ll be a key player on Tuesday against Kansas’ point guard tandem of Frank Mason and Naadir Tharpe.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)