Dec 7, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Turns out that the sprained ankle he suffered in Monday’s loss at No. 12 UConn won’t result in any missed game time for Florida senior point guard Scottie Wilbekin, as he’s returned to practice and will play on Tuesday night against No. 6 Kansas. That’s important news for the Gators, who faced the possibility of not having a point guard had Wilbekin been unable to go.
Wilbekin’s played in just three games this season thanks to an offseason suspension levied by head coach Billy Donovan, posting averages of 11.3 points and 5.7 assists per contest. According to the report freshman point guard Kasey Hill has yet to fully participate in practice since suffering a high ankle sprain on November 17 against Southern.
With Hill’s status for Tuesday night still unknown, having Wilbekin available is an important development for the Gators. He’ll be a key player on Tuesday against Kansas’ point guard tandem of Frank Mason and Naadir Tharpe.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)