Dec 7, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Turns out that the sprained ankle he suffered in Monday’s loss at No. 12 UConn won’t result in any missed game time for Florida senior point guard Scottie Wilbekin, as he’s returned to practice and will play on Tuesday night against No. 6 Kansas. That’s important news for the Gators, who faced the possibility of not having a point guard had Wilbekin been unable to go.
Wilbekin’s played in just three games this season thanks to an offseason suspension levied by head coach Billy Donovan, posting averages of 11.3 points and 5.7 assists per contest. According to the report freshman point guard Kasey Hill has yet to fully participate in practice since suffering a high ankle sprain on November 17 against Southern.
With Hill’s status for Tuesday night still unknown, having Wilbekin available is an important development for the Gators. He’ll be a key player on Tuesday against Kansas’ point guard tandem of Frank Mason and Naadir Tharpe.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)