Dec 7, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Turns out that the sprained ankle he suffered in Monday’s loss at No. 12 UConn won’t result in any missed game time for Florida senior point guard Scottie Wilbekin, as he’s returned to practice and will play on Tuesday night against No. 6 Kansas. That’s important news for the Gators, who faced the possibility of not having a point guard had Wilbekin been unable to go.
Wilbekin’s played in just three games this season thanks to an offseason suspension levied by head coach Billy Donovan, posting averages of 11.3 points and 5.7 assists per contest. According to the report freshman point guard Kasey Hill has yet to fully participate in practice since suffering a high ankle sprain on November 17 against Southern.
With Hill’s status for Tuesday night still unknown, having Wilbekin available is an important development for the Gators. He’ll be a key player on Tuesday against Kansas’ point guard tandem of Frank Mason and Naadir Tharpe.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)