Dec 7, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
The Wisconsin Badgers and head coach Bo Ryan announced on Saturday morning that redshirt sophomore guard George Marshall has opted to transfer.
The announcement of Marshall’s transfer was released on the Wisconsin athletics website this morning.
“George came and talked to me and he informed me that he wanted to pursue his options of playing somewhere else,” Ryan said. “I told him we would help in any way we could to facilitate his transition to a new school. He’s a great kid, from a terrific family and we wish him luck as he continues his academic and athlete career.”
The 5-foot-11 point guard from Chicago only saw two games of action this season and wasn’t getting much playing time for the Badgers.
“I love my teammates and the team and I’m thankful to the university and Coach Ryan for the chance to play at Wisconsin,” Marshall said. “I’m excited to look for a new opportunity.”
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)