Dec 7, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
The Wisconsin Badgers and head coach Bo Ryan announced on Saturday morning that redshirt sophomore guard George Marshall has opted to transfer.
The announcement of Marshall’s transfer was released on the Wisconsin athletics website this morning.
“George came and talked to me and he informed me that he wanted to pursue his options of playing somewhere else,” Ryan said. “I told him we would help in any way we could to facilitate his transition to a new school. He’s a great kid, from a terrific family and we wish him luck as he continues his academic and athlete career.”
The 5-foot-11 point guard from Chicago only saw two games of action this season and wasn’t getting much playing time for the Badgers.
“I love my teammates and the team and I’m thankful to the university and Coach Ryan for the chance to play at Wisconsin,” Marshall said. “I’m excited to look for a new opportunity.”
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)