Dec 7, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
The Wisconsin Badgers and head coach Bo Ryan announced on Saturday morning that redshirt sophomore guard George Marshall has opted to transfer.
The announcement of Marshall’s transfer was released on the Wisconsin athletics website this morning.
“George came and talked to me and he informed me that he wanted to pursue his options of playing somewhere else,” Ryan said. “I told him we would help in any way we could to facilitate his transition to a new school. He’s a great kid, from a terrific family and we wish him luck as he continues his academic and athlete career.”
The 5-foot-11 point guard from Chicago only saw two games of action this season and wasn’t getting much playing time for the Badgers.
“I love my teammates and the team and I’m thankful to the university and Coach Ryan for the chance to play at Wisconsin,” Marshall said. “I’m excited to look for a new opportunity.”
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)