Dec 7, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
The Wisconsin Badgers and head coach Bo Ryan announced on Saturday morning that redshirt sophomore guard George Marshall has opted to transfer.
The announcement of Marshall’s transfer was released on the Wisconsin athletics website this morning.
“George came and talked to me and he informed me that he wanted to pursue his options of playing somewhere else,” Ryan said. “I told him we would help in any way we could to facilitate his transition to a new school. He’s a great kid, from a terrific family and we wish him luck as he continues his academic and athlete career.”
The 5-foot-11 point guard from Chicago only saw two games of action this season and wasn’t getting much playing time for the Badgers.
“I love my teammates and the team and I’m thankful to the university and Coach Ryan for the chance to play at Wisconsin,” Marshall said. “I’m excited to look for a new opportunity.”
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)