Dec 8, 2013, 2:16 AM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Colorado 75, No. 6 Kansas 72
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 17 Iowa State 91, Northern Iowa 82 OT
We should just assume that the Cyclones are going to be locked in wild games every night at this rate. On Saturday, Fred Hoiberg’s team dug themselves a 13 point halftime deficit that grew to 49-31 in the second half. They rallied, however, using a 23-2 run to take the lead. But UNI’s Seth Tuttle did this to force overtime:
ISU took control in the extra frame and ended up winning by nine. Melvin Ejim led the way with 22 points, 20 of which came after halftime.
1) Missouri erased an early 13-point deficit, getting 63 points from Jordan Clarkson, Earnest Ross and Jabari Brown as they knocked off No. 18 UCLA at home, 80-71.
2) No. 2 Arizona has played like they best team in the country over the first month of the season, and they will be rewarded on Monday when the polls come out after beating UNLV on Saturday. Brandon Ashley and T.J. McConnell both finished with 13 points in the win.
3) No. 8 Wisconsin has looked like the best team in the Big Ten this season, and that continued on Saturday as they knocked off intra-state rival Marquette 60-54. Sam Dekker finished with 20 points and 10 boards in the win.
1) Chaz Williams had 32 points and 15 assists — and just a single turnover — in No. 21 UMass’ 105-96 win over BYU.
2) St. John’s put a whipping on Fordham , winning 104-58. Sir-Dominic Pointer was the star, finishing with 12 points, 11 assists, nine boards, four steals and three blocks.
3) San Jose State’s Jalen James entered Saturday averaging 6.9 points, 4.5 boards and 2.5 assists. He finished with 12 points, 13 boards and 10 assists in a win at Houston.
1) In that lost to St. John’s, Fordham’s Jon Severe finished 1-for-21 from the floor. That’s not good.
2) Dalton Pepper made a free throw but was called for a violation with Temple up two in overtime. Javan Felix hit a three at the other end with 6.7 seconds left, and the Owls lost to Texas.
3) No. 25 Dayton lost at Illinois State on Saturday night, 81-75. So much for the Flyers in the top 25.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- No. 4 Syracuse is still undefeated after whipping up on Binghamton.
- No. 5 Ohio State beat Central Connecticut 74-56. LaQuinton Ross is now averaging 20.0 points and shooting 22-for-35 (62.9%) from the floor and 8-from-15 (53.3%) from three in his last three games.
- No. 7 Louisville used a massive second half run to put away Louisiana-Lafayette.
- No. 11 Wichita State beat Oral Roberts 71-58 after overcoming an eight point halftime deficit.
- Jayvaughn Pinkston went for 27 points as No. 14 Villanova outscored St. Joe’s 59-33 in the second half to notch a 30 point win in the Holy War.
- No. 16 Memphis got 21 points from Shaq Goodwin in a 96-76 win over Northwestern State.
- No. 19 Gonzaga got 22 points from Sam Dower in an 80-68 win over New Mexico State.
- No. 22 Michigan’s offense got going again, sparked by 25 points from Nik Stauskas.
- No. 23 Iowa beat Drake 83-66.
- Cincinnati suffered their first loss of the season, losing at New Mexico 63-54 thanks to 24 points and 13 boards from Cameron Bairstow.
- North Carolina does not like Spartans. After beating Michigan State, the Tar Heels won after taking a 44-14 lead over UNC-Greensboro.
- Virginia lost against, going up to Green Bay and losing to the Phoenix 75-72. Kiefer Sykes had 21 points and 10 assists.
- Utah improved to 7-1 with a 90-77 win over Fresno State. Delon Wright had 23 points, 12 assists and six boards.
- Indiana knocked off North Florida 89-68.
- Dwayne Evans had 21 points and 10 boards for St. Louis in a 67-65 win over Valpo.
- Kellen Dunham had 29 points as Butler knocked off North Dakota 79-64.
- Michael Qualls scored 17 for Arkansas in a 74-68 win over Clemson.
- Jarnell Stokes finished with 19 points and 13 boards in a win over Tennessee Tech.
- Georgetown struggled to a 61-55 win over Colgate.
- Harvard knocked off BU in overtime.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)