Dec 8, 2013, 2:16 AM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Colorado 75, No. 6 Kansas 72
THE OTHER GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 17 Iowa State 91, Northern Iowa 82 OT
We should just assume that the Cyclones are going to be locked in wild games every night at this rate. On Saturday, Fred Hoiberg’s team dug themselves a 13 point halftime deficit that grew to 49-31 in the second half. They rallied, however, using a 23-2 run to take the lead. But UNI’s Seth Tuttle did this to force overtime:
ISU took control in the extra frame and ended up winning by nine. Melvin Ejim led the way with 22 points, 20 of which came after halftime.
1) Missouri erased an early 13-point deficit, getting 63 points from Jordan Clarkson, Earnest Ross and Jabari Brown as they knocked off No. 18 UCLA at home, 80-71.
2) No. 2 Arizona has played like they best team in the country over the first month of the season, and they will be rewarded on Monday when the polls come out after beating UNLV on Saturday. Brandon Ashley and T.J. McConnell both finished with 13 points in the win.
3) No. 8 Wisconsin has looked like the best team in the Big Ten this season, and that continued on Saturday as they knocked off intra-state rival Marquette 60-54. Sam Dekker finished with 20 points and 10 boards in the win.
1) Chaz Williams had 32 points and 15 assists — and just a single turnover — in No. 21 UMass’ 105-96 win over BYU.
2) St. John’s put a whipping on Fordham , winning 104-58. Sir-Dominic Pointer was the star, finishing with 12 points, 11 assists, nine boards, four steals and three blocks.
3) San Jose State’s Jalen James entered Saturday averaging 6.9 points, 4.5 boards and 2.5 assists. He finished with 12 points, 13 boards and 10 assists in a win at Houston.
1) In that lost to St. John’s, Fordham’s Jon Severe finished 1-for-21 from the floor. That’s not good.
2) Dalton Pepper made a free throw but was called for a violation with Temple up two in overtime. Javan Felix hit a three at the other end with 6.7 seconds left, and the Owls lost to Texas.
3) No. 25 Dayton lost at Illinois State on Saturday night, 81-75. So much for the Flyers in the top 25.
THE REST OF THE TOP 25
- No. 4 Syracuse is still undefeated after whipping up on Binghamton.
- No. 5 Ohio State beat Central Connecticut 74-56. LaQuinton Ross is now averaging 20.0 points and shooting 22-for-35 (62.9%) from the floor and 8-from-15 (53.3%) from three in his last three games.
- No. 7 Louisville used a massive second half run to put away Louisiana-Lafayette.
- No. 11 Wichita State beat Oral Roberts 71-58 after overcoming an eight point halftime deficit.
- Jayvaughn Pinkston went for 27 points as No. 14 Villanova outscored St. Joe’s 59-33 in the second half to notch a 30 point win in the Holy War.
- No. 16 Memphis got 21 points from Shaq Goodwin in a 96-76 win over Northwestern State.
- No. 19 Gonzaga got 22 points from Sam Dower in an 80-68 win over New Mexico State.
- No. 22 Michigan’s offense got going again, sparked by 25 points from Nik Stauskas.
- No. 23 Iowa beat Drake 83-66.
- Cincinnati suffered their first loss of the season, losing at New Mexico 63-54 thanks to 24 points and 13 boards from Cameron Bairstow.
- North Carolina does not like Spartans. After beating Michigan State, the Tar Heels won after taking a 44-14 lead over UNC-Greensboro.
- Virginia lost against, going up to Green Bay and losing to the Phoenix 75-72. Kiefer Sykes had 21 points and 10 assists.
- Utah improved to 7-1 with a 90-77 win over Fresno State. Delon Wright had 23 points, 12 assists and six boards.
- Indiana knocked off North Florida 89-68.
- Dwayne Evans had 21 points and 10 boards for St. Louis in a 67-65 win over Valpo.
- Kellen Dunham had 29 points as Butler knocked off North Dakota 79-64.
- Michael Qualls scored 17 for Arkansas in a 74-68 win over Clemson.
- Jarnell Stokes finished with 19 points and 13 boards in a win over Tennessee Tech.
- Georgetown struggled to a 61-55 win over Colgate.
- Harvard knocked off BU in overtime.
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)