Dec 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Boston College’s struggles this season have been well chronicled. The Golden Eagles got thumped last week on the road at Purdue and took another loss at the Galen Center to USC this weekend.
Steve Donahue’s ballclub is 3-6 now and their defense in particular has struggled this season as they’ve played a pretty difficult nonconference slate of games.
Now the team might be facing confidence issues. Donahue spoke with the Boston Globe’s Michael Vega about the team and its issues following their loss against USC:
“The bottom line is that we have a group of kids who are not playing with confidence,’’ said BC coach Steve Donahue, whose Eagles fell to 3-6 on the season and must regroup before hosting Maryland in their ACC opener Thursday night at Conte Forum. “Even though they are trying hard, and hanging around, and they’re grinding it, when it comes down to winning a game, they need to feel good about themselves.
“We have a lot of guys who have been beat up by the schedule, our failures, and it’s affecting their confidence and it’s affecting our team confidence.’’
Clearly Boston College is going through trying times and they need to focus on getting stops on the defensive end if they want to instantly improve. Ryan Anderson and Olivier Hanlan give them some options as scorers, but until they can get stops, the Golden Eagles are going to continue to struggle as they begin ACC play against Maryland on Thursday.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)