Dec 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Boston College’s struggles this season have been well chronicled. The Golden Eagles got thumped last week on the road at Purdue and took another loss at the Galen Center to USC this weekend.
Steve Donahue’s ballclub is 3-6 now and their defense in particular has struggled this season as they’ve played a pretty difficult nonconference slate of games.
Now the team might be facing confidence issues. Donahue spoke with the Boston Globe’s Michael Vega about the team and its issues following their loss against USC:
“The bottom line is that we have a group of kids who are not playing with confidence,’’ said BC coach Steve Donahue, whose Eagles fell to 3-6 on the season and must regroup before hosting Maryland in their ACC opener Thursday night at Conte Forum. “Even though they are trying hard, and hanging around, and they’re grinding it, when it comes down to winning a game, they need to feel good about themselves.
“We have a lot of guys who have been beat up by the schedule, our failures, and it’s affecting their confidence and it’s affecting our team confidence.’’
Clearly Boston College is going through trying times and they need to focus on getting stops on the defensive end if they want to instantly improve. Ryan Anderson and Olivier Hanlan give them some options as scorers, but until they can get stops, the Golden Eagles are going to continue to struggle as they begin ACC play against Maryland on Thursday.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)