Dec 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Boston College’s struggles this season have been well chronicled. The Golden Eagles got thumped last week on the road at Purdue and took another loss at the Galen Center to USC this weekend.
Steve Donahue’s ballclub is 3-6 now and their defense in particular has struggled this season as they’ve played a pretty difficult nonconference slate of games.
Now the team might be facing confidence issues. Donahue spoke with the Boston Globe’s Michael Vega about the team and its issues following their loss against USC:
“The bottom line is that we have a group of kids who are not playing with confidence,’’ said BC coach Steve Donahue, whose Eagles fell to 3-6 on the season and must regroup before hosting Maryland in their ACC opener Thursday night at Conte Forum. “Even though they are trying hard, and hanging around, and they’re grinding it, when it comes down to winning a game, they need to feel good about themselves.
“We have a lot of guys who have been beat up by the schedule, our failures, and it’s affecting their confidence and it’s affecting our team confidence.’’
Clearly Boston College is going through trying times and they need to focus on getting stops on the defensive end if they want to instantly improve. Ryan Anderson and Olivier Hanlan give them some options as scorers, but until they can get stops, the Golden Eagles are going to continue to struggle as they begin ACC play against Maryland on Thursday.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Len Bias among inductees in Maryland’s 2014 Athletics Hall of Fame class (2)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)